Need help with Failed to connect to Paypal server

Gorder

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hi everyone,

I'm using the most current fluxcp version. Everything is working fine for me except the donation part. Below is the my paypal configuration in the application.php file. I tried a test donation and it went through. However, the dummy account doesn't receive any credit. I checked the paypallog and learned that there is a failed connection to paypal server. I tried to resend the ipn a couple times from paypal and still have the same result. Could you help me resolving issue please? Thank you :)

Configuration

'PayPalIpnUrl'                => 'ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr',// The URL for PayPal's IPN responses (www.paypal.com for live and www.sandbox.paypal.com for testing)
    'PayPalBusinessEmail'        => '[email protected]',        // Enter the e-mail under which you have registered your business account.
    'PayPalReceiverEmails'        => array(                    // These are the receiver e-mail addresses who are allowed to receive payment.
        //'admin2@localhost',                                // -- This array may be empty if you only use one e-mail
        //'admin3@localhost'                                // -- because your Business Email is also checked.
    ),
    'PaypalHackNotify'          => true,  

I received this error after the donation was submitted.

[2018-02-13 06:25:43] Received notification from 173.0.81.1 (notify.paypal.com)
[2018-02-13 06:25:43] Query string: cmd=_notify-validate&discount=0.00&insurance_ etc.....
[2018-02-13 06:25:43] Establishing connection to PayPal server at ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr:443...
[2018-02-13 06:25:43] Failed to connect to PayPal server: [0] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
[2018-02-13 06:25:43] Transaction invalid, aborting.

Edited by Gorder

4 answers to this question

I found the error.

I replaced ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr  with ipnpb.paypal.com in the application.php and it's working fine now.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  242

Hi, I think this information help me, tnx a lot... but what should be written in the IPN field of Paypal?
1.jpg.710da88f03fd91be86a9078aa57d0afd.jpg

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  242

Edit: I have read that I need to use an URL like this: http://www.mysite.com/?module=donate&action=notify

...but if I use mod_rewrite option??? ('UseCleanUrls'                => true,)

it should be the link to this file PaymentNotifyRequest.php located in FluxCP/blob/master/lib/Flux/PaymentNotifyRequest.php

For example your website is www.example.com and FluxCP is your root folder then it should be

https://www.example.com/blob/master/lib/Flux/PaymentNotifyRequest.php