Can\t move on the map

Ryuu

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

I can't move on the starter map iz_int (I can click at Wounded Swordsman and the dialogue is ok).

I just update rAthena source, every thing seem ok. But when I create new character I found this issue

Commit that change the intro: https://github.com/rathena/rathena/commit/c7d5b61409377d5b9e094f2c95326dad1fe0a85b

I try with many client and got the same result

1. Ragnarok Online complete offline pack 2017 | Make your RO server in less then 5 minutes

2. kRO_FullClient_20171009.zip

I can /mm to change map though. I'm not sure that it's at my side or not. It would be good if someone know the root cause.

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1191

On 10/23/2017 at 8:17 PM, Ryuu said:

I can't move on the starter map iz_int (I can click at Wounded Swordsman and the dialogue is ok).

I just update rAthena source, every thing seem ok. But when I create new character I found this issue

Commit that change the intro: https://github.com/rathena/rathena/commit/c7d5b61409377d5b9e094f2c95326dad1fe0a85b

I try with many client and got the same result

1. Ragnarok Online complete offline pack 2017 | Make your RO server in less then 5 minutes

2. kRO_FullClient_20171009.zip

I can /mm to change map though. I'm not sure that it's at my side or not. It would be good if someone know the root cause.

see at this forum, check are you same problem same or not like the link i give

https://rathena.org/board/topic/113247-intro-map-for-renewal-novice-get-stuck/?do=findComment&comment=335922

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

make sure this map has been added to your map_cache.dat 

I re-base all my files from downloaded files so those file are fresh from the trunk. I mean I use all new files from the trunk as base then add a few later such as item_db. Anyway, how can I check and add the map there. It seem to be binary file. I'm rather new. Thank you.

Ps. I re-download lastest map_cache.dat ( Atemo New Intro for Renewal - continuation of #2309 (#2530) ) and check with mine. It's exact same file

1 hour ago, hendra814 said:

see at this forum, check are you same problem same or not like the link i give

https://rathena.org/board/topic/113247-intro-map-for-renewal-novice-get-stuck/?do=findComment&comment=335922

Wow, thank you. I think map is like that in the first place (ship sunk, spawn in the see lol) but I've a feeling it's not right so I guess the something wrong with the map in the first place. Your answer is spot on. I check mine; it has rAthena2017.grf. By the way, I search and not found any file with .rsw, .gnd, and .gat in client directory so I try to find in .grf with editor and found them>remove all. Hope it's correct because it run well and the start map ( iz_int ) is in the sunk ship instead.

Can I ask you why it's there in the first place if we can simply remove it as that. I'm just curious :P so that when there's any problem somewhere else I can guess how to fix them.

35 minutes ago, Ryuu said:

Wow, thank you. I think map is like that in the first place (ship sunk, spawn in the see lol) but I've a feeling it's not right so I guess the something wrong with the map in the first place. Your answer is spot on. I check mine; it has rAthena2017.grf. By the way, I search and not found any file with .rsw, .gnd, and .gat in client directory so I try to find in .grf with editor and found them>remove all. Hope it's correct because it run well and the start map ( iz_int ) is in the sunk ship instead.

Can I ask you why it's there in the first place if we can simply remove it as that. I'm just curious :P so that when there's any problem somewhere else I can guess how to fix them.

From where you got the rAthena2017.grf

do you make it yourself? and are you using zack client data translation? if right, the problem is file .gat, .rsw and .gnd from there.

if not, i think the person sharing the file use the file from zack as well

Edited by hendra814

7 minutes ago, hendra814 said:

From where you got the rAthena2017.grf

do you make it yourself? and are you using zack client data translation? if right, the problem is file .gat, .rsw and .gnd from there.

if not, i think the person sharing the file use the file from zack as well

I get it from Anacondaqq which comes from zack as well from what he said in his thread. It's just that how can we just remove them and it works :P

Is the file there will 'replace' the client data? And it's way too old?

7 minutes ago, Ryuu said:

I get it from Anacondaqq which comes from zack as well from what he said in his thread. It's just that how can we just remove them and it works :P

Is the file there will 'replace' the client data? And it's way too old?

to remove the file, i think simple use grf edior, just click on the file after that delete the file and than save.

i think zack file is to old for iz_int map.

2 minutes ago, hendra814 said:

to remove the file, i think simple use grf edior, just click on the file after that delete the file and than save.

i think zack file is to old for iz_int map.

oh, I removed them and test already. work like a charm ..just curious about the mechanic there that why it's there in the first place. Thank again.

Edited by Ryuu

4 minutes ago, Ryuu said:

oh, I removed them and test already ..just curious about the mechanic there that why it's there in the first place. Thank again.

i think anacondaq make that's custom grf using all file form zack, so all file include iz_int map added into rAthena2017.grf