How to put the server online?

Heero12

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71

Hello how are you?
I am new to Rathena, but I have already moved with the cronus which is similar, but I may be commenting on some error, I modified all 127.0.0.1 of the

char_athena.conf,

login_athena.conf,

map_athena.conf

and subnet_athena.conf

files. It worked, I'm using NO-IP, this error appears:

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGICWaxVwG4IETdQS2vu6uPu993PfebnNHWZDN4D91Cpz92oyS2--i_SrlXGqr3JDMSv1uNtjCh_OIca8rrikwBSZgRAxIKclJiLCFDK0OcWPp7v3D54zIYI.ZzGe3Bt2yFaHez7NZVEVMdJyzGI

But ip 127.0.0.1 works without problem, what is wrong or where did I go wrong?

erro.png

Edited by Heero12

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12

When you say "friends and others" how many do you mean?

I have started servers for like me and 4 friends to play on, and LogMeIn Hamachi worked fine for that, you just need to give them your clientinfo.xml with YOUR Hamachi IP in it.

As far as putting the ip in conf files for hamachi, just refer to my last post, but instead of using cmd and finding your IP, you can just right click and copy it from hamachi directly.

If you want to run a full server where anyone can join, you'd need to port forward and use your actual internet IP (again, see my last post, or anyone else's previous post in here, it is all good info :D)

Let me know some more info if you need help, and we can iron it out :D

20 hours ago, fightthefallen said:

did you try going to run>cmd and typing ipconfig? you just find your internet source (say, if you use an ethernet to connect to your router, you would look under "Ethernet" and use the IPv4 address, if you use a wireless card, you would pick that instead) and put that in the the correct IP part.

So in the Char conf, try this:

// Login Server IP
// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.
// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
// a machine with multiple interfaces.
login_ip: 127.0.0.1

// Character Server IP
// The IP address which clients will use to connect.
// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.
char_ip: (ipconfig IPv4)

In Map conf, try this:

// Character Server IP
// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.
// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
// a machine with multiple interfaces.
char_ip: 127.0.0.1

// Map Server IP
// The IP address which clients will use to connect.
// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.
map_ip: (ipconfig IPv4)

And then in Subnet conf (which I don't have TOO much experience in, but I have run into issues here before) try this

subnet: 255.0.0.0:IPv4:IPv4
	^
sometimes this is 255.255.255.0 instead of just ONE 255.

and then just try running it and see what comes of it :D

I am not support or anything, I just have the feels for you, I have run into stupid non-connecting servers and my fair share of socket errors in my time and I HOPE this works for you.

Good luck :D

P.S. I know I have left some addresses at 127.0.0.1, I do this because those are for the servers to connect to eachother, and on my offline server they do that PERFECT with that IP, so I am just ASSUMING it will work with putting the server online because they are on the same machine. I may be wrong, I do not know xD

Same error, it did not work no-IP here nor with IPv4! I'll have to pay a real host!  :'(

The server runs smoothly, but no one can connect!

Edited by Heero12

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  296

yes i want to run a full server that anyone can play...i almost done in my server 90% already i just need to run it online so others can play and give a feedback to polished some errors or bugs... i dont see all the imbalance if im just only the only player so i need other players to see it...

• Upvote 1

@skymia Have you put together your own Diffed Client, .grf files, and clientinfo.xml for other players? after you get your servers to all connect, try using someone else, or another computer, to connect to the game and see if they can get through.

If you set up the servers to run through an IP, make sure you put THAT IP in the clientinfo.xml.

as far as thor patcher and website stuff, I am not well versed and cannot offer help there :/ everything i have made has been pretty basic.

@Heero12 Does your clientinfo.xml match up with the IP address? and are you getting any errors in your login-serv when someone tries to connect? 

Edited by fightthefallen

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  296

yes me too all i can do right now is basic. im still learning so im reading lot of topics :)

@skymia Well feel free to message me if you need help :D if anything, I may be able to help with a few small issues.

On 12/04/2017 at 5:44 AM, fightthefallen said:

@skymia Have you put together your own Diffed Client, .grf files, and clientinfo.xml for other players? after you get your servers to all connect, try using someone else, or another computer, to connect to the game and see if they can get through.

If you set up the servers to run through an IP, make sure you put THAT IP in the clientinfo.xml.

as far as thor patcher and website stuff, I am not well versed and cannot offer help there :/ everything i have made has been pretty basic.

@Heero12 Does your clientinfo.xml match up with the IP address? and are you getting any errors in your login-serv when someone tries to connect? 

I configured it as recommended, tested with IPv4 IP, tested with non-IP IP, nothing to connect. No, on the fonvated server as recommended here without errors, no message appears.

On 11/04/2017 at 9:14 PM, skymia said:

what do i need so i can make my server online so that my friends and other players can play?

The idea was to open a server for friends and other people could enter!