[Showcase] Endless Cellar

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

Hi again, dear community. ♥

Here's another map I wanted to share. The server I made this for liked the idea of adding Endless Cellar but not so much using the Endless Tower map(s) all over again, so they left me with a commission; They wanted something else, something new, something... dark. Well, this is the result. ^_^  

I will not deny, it's a relatively small area that had to be over-hauled, however, the particular small area had to be copied over about 25 times, which was rather nerve-wrecking considering how brow likes to crash - a lot - when copy/pasting. 

Thanks for watching. As always, comments and criticism is welcome! ♥

-- Update! Map can now be purchased with an rA compatible script from > my site <  --

Spoiler

Untitled6.thumb.png.9f64f4feddab791b78809f618f4db2dd.pngUntitled2.thumb.png.609549f8c5936b81f51b13dbb77a6fc7.pngUntitled3.thumb.png.ce35a92fed15f27660cae1e09019d318.pngUntitled4.thumb.png.709049ce5242132735f9057aaec4654c.pngUntitled5.thumb.png.7c2d5e4a14f3a4e7858629b20be34c62.pngUntitled.thumb.png.baf33bce193ff83a8a6ad108a200e325.png

Edited by Najara
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1
  • MVP 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  111

I like it! It keeps the dark look of Endless Tower while still being totally different. I particularly like the central column with the hands and statues. My main critique though...

If you're already using custom textures for parts of the map, why not take it further? A number of the models you use are much lighter in tone than the ground textures/walls, and IMO they'd look a lot better if you just created duplicate models that use the same texture but darkened/color adjusted. It's easy to do in photoshop. I also think you could replace a few models to get a better effect- You've got a lot of newer RO textures/models which are much higher resolution than some of the old ones, the pillars especially.

Also, pro tip: r586 can crash unpredictably with the duplicate tool, so you should always save before using it, but you can avoid some crashes when using it. I find that after you hit 'p' to paste, if you move your selection over the edge of the map, that'll guarantee a crash every time. Similarly, the duplicate tool can be kinda weird when it comes to invisible tiles, so I prefer to just cover my maps with a black ground texture while working on them and make those tiles invisible after I've finished everything else.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1268

Great work if only this was a release. /rice I like the demon guy with the orb, did you make that?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  403

On 3/22/2017 at 3:35 AM, Sage said:

If you're already using custom textures for parts of the map, why not take it further? A number of the models you use are much lighter in tone than the ground textures/walls, and IMO they'd look a lot better if you just created duplicate models that use the same texture but darkened/color adjusted. It's easy to do in photoshop. I also think you could replace a few models to get a better effect- You've got a lot of newer RO textures/models which are much higher resolution than some of the old ones, the pillars especially.

Thanks Sage! Your feedback means a lot. I must shamefully and regretfully admit that I haven't kept my model and texture files up-to-date to correspond higher episode content. While I know that I really, really should - because it offers so much more diversity - it is a chore to do and I simply haven't found the time for it. Time is so limited these days.

Nevertheless, I'll take your feedback into account and will devote some day soon to updating my files! Thanks again. ^_^ 

On 3/22/2017 at 4:24 PM, Skorm said:

Great work if only this was a release. /rice I like the demon guy with the orb, did you make that?

Thanks Skorm! Maybe it will be released in the future; the server that had it commissioned did not request exclusivity. More about that another time though, because if it'll be released I want it to be a satisfactory release, along with a nice boss floor~
Also, to answer your latter question; nope, I didn't originally make the demon on the wall, found it in google and photo-shopped it a little to match the atmosphere of the map. :) 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  111

On 3/26/2017 at 4:23 AM, Najara said:

Thanks Sage! Your feedback means a lot. I must shamefully and regretfully admit that I haven't kept my model and texture files up-to-date to correspond higher episode content. While I know that I really, really should - because it offers so much more diversity - it is a chore to do and I simply haven't found the time for it. Time is so limited these days.

I'll send you mine, if you want it.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Nice one. Good to have you show your work :33