Maps crashing in game, works in Browedit

Synel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38

So, I originally made a mall type quest related map using browedit 620 and it crashed in both Browedit 586 and ingame. I redid all the objects and such in browedit 586 and I still can't figure out what's causing this map to crash in game. I had someone take a look at it earlier and they couldn't figure it out either. 

I'll attach both the original and the second version of the map here. If anyone can figure out what's wrong with it please let me know. 

Mall Original.zip

Mall Second.zip

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

Try renaming the file into something else like custom_mall, im not sure but no harm to try...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  197

usually there some sort of error when it crashes in game does it show any errors at all or it just crashes ?

Hey, tried the mall rename to Mall_Custom. Still crashed on attempts to warp in.

For the error itself,  I don't really get much info. The small error window basically says my Ragexe has stopped working and has to close. 

This is a direct copy from a debugging attempt with visual studio.

Unhandled exception at 0x77335B2C (ntdll.dll) in 2015-11-04aRagexe_patched_patched.exe: VTGuard instrumentation code detected an attempt to use an illegal virtual function table.

Unhandled exception at 0x0089810B in 2015-11-04aRagexe_patched_patched.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000014.

After that it repeats until it becomes a 0x000000 thing. 

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  387

Whenever you open the map in 586 what Error appears in the black box?  Is your 586 possibly not reading models that your version 620 is?  Let me know that.

I can open your map perfectly fine in my 586, which is what leads me to believe you are missing model files for your 586 and possibly your client.

Hey, sorry for the delay in posting. I didn't see this until Thursday and I had trouble posting. 

If I open up Browedt 586 it goes through the normal loading in the black box till "Done Initializing." On trying to open the map the black box opens up the .gnd file and does that fine, but the program crashes on loading the rsw, which is the last thing the black box shows. 

Attached is a png screenshot of what I see when it happens. It's still a bit small and hard to read, sorry about that. 

Edit: Also, I should mention awhile back, I think it was Radian but it was suggested I rename it to something longer. Mall_Custom was something I tried and it also crashed the same way for that. 

Browedit Black Box Crash.png

Edited by Synel

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  197

thats weird cause i can open the map just fine on browedit 586. I haven't try running it cause i would have to redo my map cache so ill try it tonight and see if i can log into it.