Actor2 sprite editing questions

Synel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38

Ok. So, im trying to make dual wielding animations for each of the third classes and I have a few questions about the root abilities of Actor2. 

Apparently Actor2 can't add another act within the act file? For instance, if there are 12 different actions in an act file, you can't add a 13th. If this is the case: 

A. Is there program that can add more acts?

B. If not, what is the difference between the two standing sprites in act (Typically one is act00 and one is act09?) I see that one has three frames while the other has 0. What's the difference and where is it used?

C. Finally, if I could replace one act to be used in another circumstance, where would I put this in the code so that it's used at the correct time? If I replaced the standing act with a new attacking act for example, where would I change the code so that the attacking act would be used during the attacks that I choose?

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  566

A. Have you tried this tool? Click Here It is far better than Actor 1 or 2.

B. Act00 is for the 'Idle' positions of the character. Act09 however I'm not sure about.

C. Not sure how this is done, but this might require some client editing as well.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  38

Awesome. Ty for the info. I've actually been studying assembly for the past week or so in my off time to see about the client editing but reading through someone else's assembly isn't something I'm used to yet. 

I think I've found at least a few sections for sprite related stuff but figuring out the direct workings is a big rough -_-.