exp from monster

BigBurrito

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  114

So, I dont know if I'm in the right section... but my dilemma is the following: the rates that I've set up is 20000/16000 (200/160), Max level 255/120.. no issue there, rates are good.. I modified a monster, for example the Sword Master (thor 03), it gives me for example at lvl 150, 5.50% of experience(made up), but if I let the monster kill me first, then when i come back and kill the monster, the monster will give me X10 experience, so 55.00%... I'm afraid that the players will exploit this, and lvl up fast which i dont want... Is there a configuration for it in exp.conf? I've read it all, but i dont find it, other than the "max_exp_gain_rate" which i have it in 0... if I put a number there, then I'm afraid novices wont lvl up when killing a poring... I'm missing something? Thanks in advance..

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  818

Hmm haven't heard of such a bug before. Maybe your server has a feature that makes monsters level up when they kill players?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  114

that is why, i dont know where to look for... I haven't add any script for exp, floating rates are off.. the only thing i've modified is the exp.conf and the job_exp.txt...

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  818

Try to use @showexp and do the math yourself to see what the correct EXP gained should be.

There are too many factors here to tell from outside. e.g. it could be EXP penalty if you are on renewal. Maybe you leveled during the process. Or the EXP requirements go down on the next level. Or you put some kind of 10x EXP tap bonus, etc.