help SRC/Compilling/Script

kenson12

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

Hello guys! i'm having such a problem in my rAthena.

Recently i made a new download of the latest version in SVN i learned how to compile in Linux ( Never used before /x  ) and now i'm online with a VPS Host.

I Make some SRC modifications after the first time i Open the server and try to recompile the server using make clean - make start but nothing has change. ( problem 1) /? 

I try to make @storage usable for Group id 0 (Alredy done Warp, Go, Refresh etc etc) but when i put any other new commands, dosn't work! ( Problem 2 ) /? 

i try to create a new NPC in my customs alredy scripted without bugs, errors or anything, really i'm sure. but when i put in custom.txt in the path and Reload, don't show any error console, nothing, but when i try @loadnpc path the console says that my file don't exist. ( Problem 3 ) /? 

it's my first time using rAthena in VPS Dedicated Host, and in Linux. /hmm 

All the other times i used was in my Computer and in Windows.

Not sure where to Post that problem, :/ if any Moderador could move that later i'm apreciate.

And sorry for my Bad English, i'm from Brazil and i'm a bit little nervous. /sry 

Thanks! for reading!

=================UPDATE 16/01 22:17================

I can't make ANY changes in rAthena

i make a test and change my Job Exp Rate in Battleconf/exp

and nothing changes in my game. alredy Restart server and use @reloadbattleconf 

Any solution? ( Right now i'm changing the permission files to 777 in ALL Files ) i'll write here if i can Solve.

==================================================

================UPDATE 17/01 00:00=================

[sOLVED]

When Compiling the rAthena in Linux 14.04 the program creat a file BEFORE the ROOT
Called OPT (/opt/)

inside the folder OPT there's rAthena Folder and the Files where Linux get the NPC, CONF and DB Script.

The linux create a "backUP" for him to use! It's a nice Work, but, struggle, some times.

==================================================

[sOLVED] THANK YOU ALL!

Edited by kenson12

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  88

did you write ./configure before the make clean?

did you write ./configure before the make clean?

yep i make it ./configure and the x64bits version of that command.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  80

Problem 1: If your compiling correctly using ./configure then doing make clean/make server and not getting any errors there should be no reason the changes are not being made. I've never had any problems with changes not being applied.

Problem 2: As long as you follow this format with editing group commands everything should work fine.

id: 0 /* group 0 is the default group for every new account */
	name: "Player"
	level: 0
	inherit: ( /*empty list*/ )
	commands: {
		storage: true
	}
	permissions: {
		/* without this basic permissions regular players could not 
		trade or party */
		can_trade: true
		can_party: true
		command_enable: true
	}

Problem 3: If you've already placed the script in the npc folder use the @loadnpc command in game. So for example if your npc is inside the custom folder then in game you would do @loadnpc npc/custom/custom.txt and as long as there are no errors your npc should load and work properly.

As for the base/job exp make sure that this line is set to yes if you think the changes aren't being applied. 

// Turn this on to allow a player to level up more than once from a kill. (Note 1)
multi_level_up: no
Edited by Oceanid

Problem 1: If your compiling correctly using ./configure then doing make clean/make server and not getting any errors there should be no reason the changes are not being made. I've never had any problems with changes not being applied.

Problem 2: As long as you follow this format with editing group commands everything should work fine.

id: 0 /* group 0 is the default group for every new account */
	name: "Player"
	level: 0
	inherit: ( /*empty list*/ )
	commands: {
		storage: true
	}
	permissions: {
		/* without this basic permissions regular players could not 
		trade or party */
		can_trade: true
		can_party: true
		command_enable: true
	}

Problem 3: If you've already placed the script in the npc folder use the @loadnpc command in game. So for example if your npc is inside the custom folder then in game you would do @loadnpc npc/custom/custom.txt and as long as there are no errors your npc should load and work properly.

As for the base/job exp make sure that this line is set to yes if you think the changes aren't being applied. 

// Turn this on to allow a player to level up more than once from a kill. (Note 1)
multi_level_up: no

Every thing is fine /\ i'm a hard user of Athena and Cronus emulators, the problem wasn't the codes.

I called a friend who's a linux developer the rAthena create a folder before /root/ in VPS called >> /opt/ << in that folder is the NPC, Conf and DB Scripts.

the reason is that after i compile the rAthena. Linux created that folder to get the files without changing the original ones. ( That Sucks and Helps )

so the path for my NPCS, DB and CONF was opt/rathena/...

i'll edit my Original post for futher resolutions! that was a BIG PROBLEM.

Thank you all guys!