Create map instance?

GreenMagic793

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157

Hey guys,

How can I duplicate a map as an instance? In other words, how can I make it so that if two separate players warp to the same map, they'll each be taken to a "separate" version of that map? I want the map to be identical for them both, but if they both choose to go to the same map from the same NPC, I don't want them to be able to see each other, I want them to each to be on their own map.

The reason I'm wanting to do this is so that I can create a "house" where players can warp to their home. Obviously, if every player goes to the same map, they'll end up living in the same house, and that wouldn't exactly work too well, heh... So I need a way to duplicate the map per player. Is this possible?

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  545

The reason I'm wanting to do this is so that I can create a "house" where players can warp to their home. Obviously, if every player goes to the same map, they'll end up living in the same house, and that wouldn't exactly work too well, heh... So I need a way to duplicate the map per player. Is this possible?

Instancing 101.

For creating a duplicate map, take your desired map, open it in BrowEdit r586, save it as 1@mapname (Official instances are named in this format). Add the map to your server+grf, and create your instance. For creating an instance, I find it most helpful to use an official one as base. Another convenience you could offer players considering the nature of your instance is to force them into a party so they don't have to do '/organize' everytime they go their home, try using this. 

while (getcharid( 1) == 0) {
	.@name$ = "i" + rand(100000);
	if (party_create(.@name$) > 0)
		select("...");
}

If you have any other questions, let me know or connect to the 'Discord' help chat under the chat tabs at the top of the rAthena page (or my signature).

EDIT: I went a step further and uploaded basically everything you need for the instance. It is lacking dialogue and that while statement that forces the player into a party, otherwise you just need to add some dialogue. Download here.

Regards,

~Azura Skyy

• Upvote 1