Old Episodes

Myskelz

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Hello,

First, excuse me for my bad english, I'll try my best.

I would like to recreate a pre-re server with the episode 11.2 (Veins, just before Nameless Island with cursed abbey). So I deactivated the renewal mechanics by uncommenting "#define PRERE" in /src/config/renewal.h. But now, I have to disable all the warps, quests, monsters, ... from the episode 11.3 and further. So...

What is the best, the most secure (and fastest!) way(s) to do that? I've begin to compare the additions of each episodes and what I have to delete from the last update of rAthena.

I plan to use a recent client with a rAthena revision where I'll delete all the new unwanted stuffs. I don't want to use an old eAthena revision because there is certainly a lot of bugs or exploits.

Thanks in advance for you help.

• Upvote 1

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

I don't seem to see a fast way to do it, the approach you're taking so far seems pretty good, if you know which episode was last touched, you just have to modify/remove content

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I'm reassured ;)

I don't think it will be very long, it's the testing that take most of my time!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  42

Inside the emulator folders you have the subtrees "pre-re" and "re|"

Inside those is the contente for the pre-re and re... Maybe you can compare both of them and see if there's any diferences... If there is, you can just deactivate all scripts/mobs/npcs/warps from the renewall by just taking them away.

make a backup before u make any major changes to your folders and good luck.

Yup. So... What I did:

- Uncommented "#define PRERE" in src/tools/renewal.h, then recompiled the emulator (with VS 2013 and rAthena-13.sln)

--> Now it has the pre-re mechanics and reads pre-re folders (in both npc and db folders)

- Got what has been added since the 11.2 Episode i.e. : Instances (endless tower), Mercenary System, a lot of quests (thanks to iroWiki, I was able to check if I forgot a quest)

- Replaced the new warp at anthell with the old ones (moc_fild14 -> anthell). It has been commentend in the maps conf files (maps_athena.conf), we have to edit the maps_index.txt file and rebuild the mapcache too.

- Replaced all the warp between prt_fild and the old morroc fields; I used an old map for that: http://www.zerodatabase.fr/ragnarokonline/36/Carte-du-Monde-Worldmap.html

- Reactivated the spawn of monsters on the old fields

It was easier than what I thought. But it takes a lot of time to verify everything.

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

As Judas posted, there's really no fast way to do this. On the development side, it'd be practically impossible for us to separate our updates by episode, because Gravity is constantly making changes which affect old scripts--after all, they don't care about preserving old code.

Considering the number of servers that run on older episodes, I'm surprised no one's shared a modification like this yet. If you're feeling generous afterwards, consider sharing a patch for others like you in the future. c: (merely a suggestion)