LUA Questions

Visvalor

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

Several questions. 

First, is there a lua guide that explains what all the lua files do? I have the 2012-04-10 client I do believe and it came with all the decompiled lua stuff. I really would like to know what I can do with it and would like to make some modifications. Any help would be appreciated.

Secondly, what is the difference between the data/lua and data/lua514 folders? What are their purposes. I notice I have two and they seem very similar. 

Finally, not lua but still a question, where does everyone hang out these days? Is there a chatroom or something where I can bug someone for answers to questions without waiting a few days for someone to stumble into a forum?

Thanks!

It appears that the lua514 files are the ones actually loaded. LUA seems to be unused. Could be wrong. 

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1479

1. For more specific information, LUA is: http://rathena.org/wiki/Lua

for a simplified one, take a look at their file name (without _f). they explains the client (almost) every thing needed for your client to work. especially, with sprites.

One of LUA files usage is: custom items. (well, custom headgear or official (normal) headgears). First, server will tell the client that the ViewID for an item (let's say Goggles) is **** (I forget)  (they're set on item_db). then, upon double clicking the Goggle item (upon wearing it), client will read datainfo/accessoryid.lua to translate the ViewID from item_db.txt to something like "[ACCESSORY_GOGGLES]", then it will open datainfo/accname.lua to get the real sprite name (something.act, something.spr). Then, you should be able to see your goggles on your head.

Another usage (for 2013 clients) is item description, item resource name. While previously we used idnum2itemdesctable.txt and so on, 2013 clients use lua files to replace them. therefore, this lua file will hold the description and the sprite name and item name to be shown for a particular item (System/iteminfo.lua lub) (2013 clients++)

2. If you have downloaded translated lua files, the files inside data/lua files/  are lub files. they're the compiled (encrypted) version of their source files (data/luafiles514/lua files).

it depends on how did you diff the client, to read lua files first or to read lub files first.