Need Help w/ actOR (Adventure Time Finn's Sword Proyect)

ZekFromHell

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Basically, i need help with this, i have try EVERYTHING but i cant add transparency to this .spr/.act, can someone help me ?, this is my first sprite proyect :c10336811_833411326688553_859017662061495

Please, if someone can help me, contact me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Skri.Will.Rock.You :c

PD: Here are de .spr/.act files :c Sword AT.rar

Edited by ZekFromHell

10 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  79

idk anything about this program but did you try the background with pink color?  hex color -> ff00ff

maybe there is some option to select the color you want to be hid because is the background or smth

Edited by Doch

The problem is... Wait, do you speak spanish ?, es mas facil expresarme en mi idioma, el hecho es que lei por ahi que no se necesitaba un color fijo para el fondo, que se podia seleccionar a gusto, y lo intente pero siempre queda el mismo color naranja /whisp

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  79

si que hablo español, enviame un pm si eso, but i guess that in global forum we have to speak in english

im quite sure that the program has to have an option to select the color of the background to make it invisible, or at least have some color that the program will read as transparent.

I edit the sprites w/ photoshop, actOR didnt have that option, but i try on photoshop and i dont know why it doesnt work, i try choosing the transparency and it seems like it works but when i try to see the .act on actOR its like anything has change ;-;

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  108

Is it on .BMP files already ? If not, try to convert or save it first as 24-Bitmap. Transparency use of #ff00ff only supports .BMP files.

If problem persists, please provide more information regarding it.

These are the .bmp that im using Sword.rar, and sorry but i dont know how to save in that format, when i save on bmp it doesnt let me choose 24-bitmap D:, i dont know, im so noob on this but, i really wanted to do this sprite :c

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  666

These are the .bmp that im using , and sorry but i dont know how to save in that format, when i save on bmp it doesnt let me choose 24-bitmap D:, i dont know, im so noob on this but, i really wanted to do this sprite :c

Sprite files (.spr) have two types of images : indexed8 (palette) and bgra32.

For a transparent background, the RO client uses the first color in the palette. It will also treat any pink color (0xffff00ff) as transparent. There are a few issues with your images :

- Your first image, Basic_Sword_020001.bmp, has a different background color (#FFDD7F3F) while the others have #FFDE7F3F.

- There is anti-aliasing on your images, which is most likely not wanted (look on the image below, the orange border cannot be easily removed unless you have the orignal files, which you have so that's fine) : 

fRUpvp2.png

I'm not sure how you're doing your sprite images, but your color table isn't correct (Image > Mode > Color Table...) : 

7WfHLqa.png

Your transparent pixel is currently black, so you'll probably want to change it to pink (0xffff00ff) or any color that is not orange (since your sprite uses orange mostly). A common palette would look like this : 

g9MHBan.png

And when editing your image in Photoshop, you should be seeing something like the image below (I changed the background color index).

A2XN4ju.png

When doing recolors, people usually simply change the colors either one by one or with the color adjusment tool (Image > Adjusments > Replace Color...). That way, you only have to replace the colors for the first image and when you encode them (to .spr), all the images will use the first palette.

To solve your issue, someone would need your true original files (or original spr where the sprites came from), not the ones you saved as .bmp with photoshop. If you're only looking for a recoler and you have the original sprite, I wouldn't mind doing it, it takes a few seconds to do.

Edited by Tokei

OH, that explains this 10176167_833676416662044_431098000680238 on spr. conview, so the transparency color is always the first one ?, omfg thx *-*, and i use originally this .spr 10361410_833678259995193_273675944311847 just to recycle the .act, 'cause i dont know how to do it, and i added a .png (The sword) in the same position, here are the original .spr and.act, the .png sword and the .spr and .act of the sword  Sword and Board.rar, and THANK YOU *----------------*

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  666

Ah, I thought it was a recoler; it's not. I just remade it lol, I'm too lazy. Feel free to change anything you want. I would probably smooth out the edges a bit in photoshop if I were you, but I think you can do that by yourself!

Sword.rar

Edited by Tokei

Omg, thank you *------------*, i try to do it on my own but..., there where some strange lines on the images on actOR, it was horrible ;-;