Bubble gum item buff problem

reunit

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

Hello rathena, I have just recently set up a running server with a 2013-08-07a client

The problem is whenever I double click / use a bubble gum / he_bubble_gum item in inventory, the client would crash a "program has stopped responding" windows message and logout. even when i try logging in with the same character, the client would crash again.

I tried with other cash buffing items and the exp up cash item seems to work fine, but not the bubble gum cash items. I suspect it may have something to do with the item.tga file not being able to display within data.grf but i explored with grf editor and everything is still inside.

Some help please? 

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  398

update your msgstringtable.txt. newer clients read a new line for bubblegum.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2

yes it worked !! thank you very much

but now I have a new problem, the messages appear to to be mixed up really bad, Example : use battle manual : "30 seconds left until summoning"

haha, i really dunno where to get the most updated one, the one i got was probably from hercules.ws

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  104

Hi! The bubble gum thing is my problem too. What exactly do you mean by update my msgstringtable.txt?

I am using 08-07a client, and when I use the [2013-08-07]msgstringtable.txt as my main msgstringtable.txt, I got errors with the bubble gum buff.

When I use the one provided in the data folder translation (SVN), however, it's fine. But so many texts are off and the costume tab becomes inaccessible.

Is there a specific line(s) that I have to edit?

I tried copy-pasting the last lines from the data folder translation one, and the game no longer freezes but it still crashes.

Help!

Edited by kalkalkal

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  398

Hi! The bubble gum thing is my problem too. What exactly do you mean by update my msgstringtable.txt?

I am using 08-07a client, and when I use the [2013-08-07]msgstringtable.txt as my main msgstringtable.txt, I got errors with the bubble gum buff.

When I use the one provided in the data folder translation (SVN), however, it's fine. But so many texts are off and the costume tab becomes inaccessible.

Is there a specific line(s) that I have to edit?

I tried copy-pasting the last lines from the data folder translation one, and the game no longer freezes but it still crashes.

Help!

You need to add new lines for the msgstringtable.txt. If that line is missing, client will crash.