[Showcase] Akatsuki Hideout - from Naruto Shippuden

Olrox

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Briefing & Concept

Hi!

This day I'm ready to show one work I did for a customer and I'm just finishing these days. The Akatsuki Hideout from Naruto Shippuden.

Gedo_Mazo_Akatsuki_Rings.png

pre.png

Three-Tailed%20Beast%20at%20Akatsuki%20h

For references I followed  these samples. First one shows the main idea of a cave area with a big structure at the back and two predominant hands with some rings on. The second one gave me an idea of this being a cave place but with water present.

And last the third reference was useful to figure out how these hands ended. Plus a reference of a common thing among all the images: ambient color, which was all about blue tones (to simulate night)

About this Map

akatsuki_model.png

A small size map, by the idea of being a clean area but with emphasis at the main Gedo Mazo structure. Since the main attraction of this map was this huge rock structure, it was a must to make the head modeled in 3D from scratch to reach a high quality work (left: texturized, right: just the mesh) btw texturizing was made at a pretty high resolution *1024x1024* to guarantee that the big resize of the head was going to look good in game.

The ambient of all this place is a cave style area. This means, rocks everywhere although I tried to give the idea of this being a reef (by adding high rock clifs plus a terrain style oriented into that). Regarding lighting this one has ambience colors among blue+green tones and kinda a lot of black presence (its a cave)

Some light spheres effects with some sparks effects have presence on the fingers of this structure to represent the rings in the sketch (effects that were recolored from blue to green by me).

And last, please remember this work is under progress, which means it has some minor things to be fixed yet (for ex. some black squares to be fixed yet, plus sound cave/water drops effects to be added too)

Video ... watch it in HD 1080p!

Screenshots
P.S. I would like to know if you can see the map properly (probably some monitors have a low contrast/brightness which can represent a problem) thank you!

Panoramic view 1
So here comes the first screen. This is a view I love since it is possible to see the sea plus the hands (at top view) and the head with the shadow on the models that was in purpose to be as dark as possible to increase the idea of this being a cave. The end result:

akatsuki_0002_Capa-3.png

Panoramic view 2
A totally different view. This ones shows a flat view which its very similar of the first screen of reference I had.

akatsuki_0003_Capa-2.png

Detailed view 1
This is a nice view which you can see the details of the structure I think.

akatsuki_0000_Capa-6.png

Panoramic view 3
Here is another angle. I don't like this one too much since at this angle there is no ambient shadow present on the way how the client renders the models, although its a nice one to see this place with more light.

akatsuki_0001_Capa-4.png

Browedit view
Here you have a main view from browedit, which shows the main terrain structure of this cave based map.

akatsuki_main.png

I think those screenshots are enough, as I said, this is a small map request. Btw I have noticed that more customers are aiming to ask for very specific works to be recreated rather than looking for big sized maps... which is something I like since I can focuss into very specific things.

To be honest I enjoyed this work more than I expected. I know that we have a lot of big fans of naruto which I hope they will like this work to leave a comment or maybe add a suggestion.

Thank you in advance. Don't hesitate to add some comments/rating about it... this really push me to improve and do better works each time. Also I still have some days before I complete this one to this guy that commisioned this work to do some changes :P
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  393

nice can i barrow?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15

Nicely done! It looks just like the original.

• Upvote 1

nice can i barrow?

Thanks but I cant :P

Nicely done! It looks just like the original.

Thanks a lot!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4

I'm really pleased with the work that Olrox made ​​this map, commissioned this map to my server, is an extremely professional and recommend it to everyone!

xoxos Olrox sz , next time is Suna Village's haha ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  17

nice WORK!!! /ok  /ok  /ok

• Upvote 1

I'm really pleased with the work that Olrox made ​​this map, commissioned this map to my server, is an extremely professional and recommend it to everyone!

xoxos Olrox sz , next time is Suna Village's haha ;)

Thank you. I can't wait to work into that :P

nice WORK!!! /ok  /ok  /ok

Hey man thanks a lot :D hope you are doing fine

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  70

nice can i barrow?

Thanks but I cant :P

>Nicely done! It looks just like the original.

Thanks a lot!

olrox!!! if u not gonna share stop tempting us !!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  18

THis is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! /kis   agree with fbrulz. dont tempt us!!!