Client not opening.

Scylla

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  374

Hi, a friend of mine can't open my private server because everytime he opens it, nothing happens while other private servers works fine on him. I've already tried running it as administrator but still nothing happens. Also i've already tried editing the setup.exe. (Making it ' No Sound ', changing the graphic to Direct3D HAL, Direct3D T&L HAL and his graphic cards, changing the resolution) and yet it's still not working.

My client's version is 2010-07-30RagEXE

Edited by Mary Magdalene

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  567

Hi, a friend of mine can't open my private server because everytime he opens it, nothing happens while other private servers works fine on him. I've already tried running it as administrator but still nothing happens. Also i've already tried editing the setup.exe. (Making it ' No Sound ', changing the graphic to Direct3D HAL, Direct3D T&L HAL and his graphic cards, changing the resolution) and yet it's still not working.

is there any error? when you run the client, if yes please post it here..

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  410

If there are no errors, and it just closes, usually it related to a file like id2numdesctable.txt.  I find that if you miss a # in one of those, the client just won't open.

is there any error? when you run the client, if yes please post it here..

There's nothing. When i've tried opening it, It's doesn't open.

If there are no errors, and it just closes, usually it related to a file like id2numdesctable.txt.  I find that if you miss a # in one of those, the client just won't open.

That may be right but the weird thing is how come other RO's works fine? (They're installed in separate folders too)

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  410

That may be right but the weird thing is how come other RO's works fine? (They're installed in separate folders too)

If they're in separate folders then they use separate text files.

In the folder of the RO client you are trying to open, was anything edited to allow extra cards, items, etc?  Were any item descriptions changed?  That would have edited these files.

You can also backup the files, then replace them one by one with fresh files to see what one is damaged.

If they're in separate folders then they use separate text files.

In the folder of the RO client you are trying to open, was anything edited to allow extra cards, items, etc?  Were any item descriptions changed?  That would have edited these files.

You can also backup the files, then replace them one by one with fresh files to see what one is damaged.

His RO folder with my private server is from me and that RO folder is what i'm also using right now and it works perfectly fine on me.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  126

idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt
idnum2itemresnametable.txt

plss chk if you have missing some #

idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt