How to increase your server's population?

Yummy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  236

Based on a post in ratemyserver

Step 1: 'Embrace your new-comers" - Why is this, you may ask? Well... the "golden age" of a server is when you know everyone on the server. This is the usual 10 to 30 population, ENJOY IT and LOVE IT. Cause as you start you grow, not only will you be more distant from the players, you have more work, more complaints, more trouble-makers, and so much more tedious things to do.

Step 2: "Promote your server" - After you've embraced your new-comers by helping them, teaching them, becoming friends with them, talking to them... you can now tell them to reach out and promote the server. They will begin to tell their RO friends, tell their real life friends, even brothers or sisters.

Step 3: "Never stop working" - As you see the population rise... to 50 - 70, you get excited. You think it's going to be the easy road from there, but no. Trust me, if you don't do what you're suppose to... like update server, help people, teach people, talk to people, or be active... People WILL leave.

Work harding is what you need to do. I found out that advertising, DOES NOT work. It's all about connections, friends tell friends and people tell people. That's what a real community is, and here are some screenshots from my server, which I hope enlighten you. I wish you best of luck on all your endeavors.

If you have more tips :) leave it here :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237

1) Try to familiarize with the most used mechanics *(Renewal/Pre Renewal).

2) Much better if you based your server to kRO and iRO.

3) Keep the GAP between the YOUR SERVER and Official Server Close as Possible *(1% Custom is literally suggested).

4) Listen to the Opinions of the Masses including the Opinions of Game Master.

5) Do alot of Research *(Features of Official Servers and Top Private Servers).

6) Trust in your Team