Custom Models for Maps.

Chemical Crush

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  387

First off, please don't shoot me.  I do realize there are tutorials on custom models for maps, in fact there are quite a few.  And that is my problem.

If you know me, you know that I know how to map, in a sense.  I'm not an advanced mapper, but I do know what im doing usually, I hardly try to ask for help, espeically for mapping.  But I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have a headache from searching for three days on the issues I'm having.

I have looked at the tutorials.  I don't remember them all piece by piece and that I think is my problem.  I've looked at so many tutorials I'm pretty sure they're all meshed together for me.  Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

Okay, I have 3ds Max, Xarple's RSM Converter Tool, WoW model viewer.  I know how to extract the models from WoW model viewer.  My problem is honestly anything after that. I can successfully open the models in 3ds, but I have to use some Milkshape program, which I have.  

My question is, is this Milkshape program necessary to convert WoW's models into 3DS files?  Also if you know how to convert WoW models into RO models could you politely show me which tutorials you used?  My brain honestly hurts from looking at all the WRONG tutorials, apparently, so I easily get confused. :/  I haven't mapped in about a year now, if not even longer, so please bear with me.  :/

Edited by Chemical Crush
  • Upvote 1

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  374

WoW convert the archives ^^ export for (.obj) and open in 3ds max. Put the textures and export the model for .3ds and go in browedit convert for  (.3ds )  for (.rsm) put in your folder and test only this xD

Edited by kasumy
  • Upvote 1