Suggestion: Zenylog extension

Antares

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Hi!

Background of the suggestion:

A returning player of ours reported that after an absence of 2 years, when he returned, he lost all of his zeny stored in the bank. Unfortunately we don't have dbbackups from 2 years, only 1,5. When I browsed thru the zenylog, I could see his incomes from castledrops and his other transactions done via trade and shopping, but I couldn't see the tranzactions made by npc scripts (eg: investing in castles, banking, donating, quest scripts), and thus I couldn't determine his old balance :/

What I suggest is to add zeny logging to the script engine, so if any script modifies Zeny, or calls @zeny, then it would be logged.

Also, extending npclog would be nice, because now I can see only jobchange related logs :(

//EDIT

It is getting strange. When I queried my own guild master char, I could see the npc related stuffs, like castle investing and others, but still, the sum of the zeny was waaay larger than it should be :/ What could be missing?

Maybe I started this topic too early :)

//EDIT2

I queried a relatively new character, and the sum of the log is exactly it's current balance... But the question remains... Why older characters don't match with their logs?... Other than this, I think everything's fine now. Soo ignore this topic :)

Edited by Antares

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

tranzactions made by npc

Did u mean 'set Zeny,xxx' ? I never aware this log, if it didn't log the zeny transaction, it has to

@EDIT and @EDIT2, what are zeny activities did u do?

Yes I meant set Zeny.

@EDIT1: trading with players, trading with NPC, guild castle invest, refiner npc, slotter npc

@EDIT2: trading with players, trading with NPC

I think it's logging everything now, but I suspect that it wasn't some time ago, and that's why my old character's zenylog sum don't match with my current balance. So I think there's no need to change anything, but I'll keep my eyes on this. Maybe there's something that slips thru logging without appearing in it :)

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

maybe it because ur log config? (log_athena.conf)

// Track Zeny Changes

// Filter settings
// 0 - don't log; 1 - log any zeny changes; 2.....1000000 - minimal absolute logging zeny value

log_zeny: 0

it makes the different

We log everything. Maybe there was a time when it was turned off, and that's the why :D