Model And 3ds max

kasumy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  374

Hello everybody ^ ^ I saw the tutorial on how to import Olrox map for 3ds max. I wonder if I would create a circle in the middle of a custom map. In browedit is only possible to make into squares and I wonder if it is possible to round in 3ds max. Another thing that I also would like to know is about texturing 3ds max. I wanted to model a bear but I thought I could texturing in max, however the tutorials I've seen the same had to create texture in photoshop or any image editor. Another question is about ROMAPcon. When I go to import a custom map he can not read the custom textures. Ahh another thing I saw in the tutorial was that the program had Olrox WowModel Viewer that allows to see the models of World of warcraft and I like it but would like a program to view models of the League of Legends.

(You can mark as solved my last two posts please)

13 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

Max is a 3D modelling software, you can't use it to draw textures. What you can do in max is configuring the UV maps and then render to texture to get general texture information. For example, you can set an Ambient Occlusion to the material and do a 'render to texture'. This way you won't start with an empty map. An example of one of my works (it shows the way I developed the texture maps):

jzejhw.png

If you notice the first map (which is the one making everything way easier to do) has been done in Max. Once you get the UV Map (in this case I obviously needed to use another program, like UV Layout), you can just add an ambient occlusion render to your map and you will get a lot of info regarding shadows (and areas that are supposed to be black). It's way easier than to start from scratch with only some UV lines telling you where to draw.

how you did the warrior texture? how do you envolved the object?

That's the UV map. You first create the model in 3D max, and once you are done, you export it as an object. Load it in UV Layout and start projecting the quads in the UV map. There are nice guides about it that will explain how to use the program efficiently, but with that you should be having the UV map set up. In UV layout, once finished, save the model as an obj, load it in Max, add an ambient occlusion texture to the model and press '0', you will open the render to texture window (guides about it in internet), this way you will get an ambient occlusion map. In Photoshop you will have to add it in Multiply mode, so all the white areas are transparent (in my example, I lowered the opacity of the AO map because I didn't want too much contrast between dark and bright areas).

Final render has 2 additional textures (Normal and Specular Map, plus a Gloss map for the eye) and a basic three point light system.

have a mode of i see the how the texture will in browedit using the UV map Editor? type... I export the texture in 3D and color in photoshop?

Edited by kasumy

I have no clue about what you've just said :/. Could you say it in Portuguese? I will probably understand better (I'm Spanish).

If you are asking about how to add the texture, I usually just add the model and open it in the RSM Editor (part of BrowEdit). Here you can select the texture the model has to read.

tipo... uma casa. Quando eu vou envolver ela com uma textura já existente ela ficará normal um exemplo é as casas de prontera se eu importar ela pro 3ds max e colocar a textura dela mesma, ela ficará bonitinha texturizada, porém se eu criar uma casa em 3d sem textura alguma como eu vou fazer as janelas portas essas coisas? eu vou ter que criar as portas janelas com editor de imagem? pegando imagens do google?

Prontera's house (as well as all RO models) already have an UV map configuration. For example:

uv-unwrap.jpg

Obviously, any model you create in Max MUST have the UV map configured, so you can create a texture that fits the model properly. Headus UV Layout is a program that lets you load an OBJ (model) and easily cut the mesh to make a 2D plane containing all the mesh (see right window in the example).

Once you have the UV texture, I recommended (though it's not obligatory) to do a 'render to texture' with an Ambient Occlusion material, so you will get basic information of illumination.

Once you have got your UV map with the shadows and lights information from the AO map, you have to start drawing your texture in Photoshop. You can get some material textures from google (there are tons of sites with nice textures to use in your texture (I wouldn't copy-paste them, only get some detail from them for some textures, such as metal or cloth, and put them with low opacity).

If you make a house, of course, you will have to draw the windows and doors of the house, even if you model them. I wouldn't add more polygons for a window to be honest, drawing it will be better (you can still make a high poly model and project it on the low poly to get extra info, but that's only if you like modelling more than drawing).

è isso ai mesmo que você acabou de postar *-* agora  eu preciso que editar com o photoshop??

Save the UV map as a texture (TGA) (You can render the UV texture in the UV window tools menu).

Then apply an AO map to your model (make sure you are using mental ray renderer)

Then press '0' to open the render to texture window. Select AO map, the size of the render (must be equal to the size of the UV map render) and render the AO map.

Then open both textures in PS. Start with a plain color base layer, add the UV texture layer in Overlay mode. Then add the AO map in Multiply mode. Start drawing :P.

Look for a guide online for the render to texture, since it has some options you should know before trying to make it.

outra coisa também é quando eu importo modelo de um jogo online e quando eu vou aplicar material nele. Aparecem 2 texturas extras e essas texturas não precisam ser ultilizadas no modelo. O browedit vai atrás delas quando elas forem importadas pra ele? outra coisa é a animação do modelo. Eu baixei um modelo que ele era um balão e ele se mexia porém quando importei pro browedit ele perdeu esse movimento ele fico sem movimentação alguma. Oque eu devo fazer ? Eu tenho que anima-lo novamente?

I don't know about imported models, since that depends on the model you import from the other games. I can only tell you about the models you create from scratch.

Regarding the animation, IIRC, Olrox made a guide for FBX import (I may be wrong though) . You can animate your model and save it as a FBX.

hmmm... entendo xD outra duvida tipo um personagem criado do zero tipo aquele guerreiro, ele foi criado por voce? você mesmo criou as texturas dele com photoshop?

Yes, the warrior I posted was created from scratch. Actually texturizing was easier for me than modelling (I'm kinda new to organic modelling)