patching custom weapon sprites.

Fresh prince

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295

Hello Rathena,

Im trying to add these weapon sprites http://www.usamimi.info/~saecreate/?cat=9&paged=2 and i have successfully located the original ones. I have followed judas bible and replaced them with the new sprites.

Say the basic bow, I already replaced them with the "Soaring bird custom bow sprite".

My question is, How can I patch these? Whenever I do a custom hat, they are on a different grf file.

my DATA.ini goes like this:

[Data]
0=coolro.grf   -------------------------> custom hats,armors,items (around 6mb)
1=coolro2.grf
2=dg_prt3.grf
3=data.grf  ----------------------------> where i edited the weapon sprites (around 1.4g)

**Lets say coolro.grf (This is where all my custom hats being placed and every time i added some, I can easily make a patch because it is not big of a file and simply replaces the old one with the newly edited one that I made.) *thor patcher*

**the weapon sprites that i have edited are located on "data.grf" which is 1.4gig. I thought It is impossible to make a patch that huge.

The question is,

How can i possibly make a patch out of that edited custom weapons which is inside that largest file in ro folder without making a patch that huge(1.4gig) to make my players see the custom weapon edits?

*Is it possible to copy and paste all weapon sprite folders that i edited and create a new grf file so i can place that on my DATA ini?

[Data]
0=coolro.grf   -------------------------> custom hats,armors,items (around 6mb)
1=coolro2.grf
2=coolro3.grf ------------------------> custom weapon sprites (custom)
3=dg_prt3.grf
4=data.grf  ----------------------------> where i edited the weapon sprites (around 1.4g)

Would that automatically replace or mask the original weapon sprites on data.grf(1.4g) if i create a separate one?

Please kindly enlighten me Thank you.

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  806

First of all Never mess with data.grf if you want to override anything in data,grf you need only provide it in your own custom grf.

Secondly Whenever your client needs any data it searches the grf files in the order you specify them in your data.ini (the number to the left of the = determines the order) a.k.a if it finds stuff in your custom grf your client doesnt check data.grf. So yes you can simply create a grf from the weapon edits alone (coolro3.grf) and Client will pick it up from there instead of data.grf.

FYI there are more free ids available for bows than what is specified in the wiki. Check my signature for the list.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295

Thank you Sir puttin time on explaning. Id give it a try once i get home. Thanks again!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  14

how to add custom items please tell me..

and can u give me the link for Lupus please

it is  coming a apple and anying Unknow item

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  48

how to add custom items please tell me..

and can u give me the link for Lupus please

it is  coming a apple and anying Unknow item

pls post a pic of your accessoryid and accname pls as well as a paste of your db2