Again textures

kasumy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  374

Hello is now another problem kkkk but with 3D objects uhuu! I wonder if it would have any way of finding the right texture 3D object as follows in the image below. I even have to create another texture above? With photoshop or even with the 3D program? Photoshop creates 3D textures? This has as?

asassa.png

Edited by kasumy

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

oh in that case just open the model in 3ds max and use the material tool (press M) then select a sphere, use diffuse --> bitmap and navigate trough the texture of your pack. Open it.

Select the small icon "view texture in viewport" and Then drag and drop that texture sphere into your model, and it will get covered with it.

Again, there is a Syouji tutorial about this, look for it in his thread!

There are some programs that are specifically about for 3D textures, although I'm sure that they don't make you the whole thing automatically...

A very rough way to say it is, that a 3D object is texturized by: having a material (this is called assign Materials) and by having the data to know at what faces and how it will use that texture (this is called UV Mapping)

It is allways good to learn from the beginning. Make a box in 3ds Max and apply a material to it. Now, by selecting your object ---> Modifiers ---> Unwrap UV. On the right pannel select "by face" and click any face of your cube, then use the "planar map" tool and then "edit UV" you will notice that the face you selected is added to a grid of the texture. You can in that panel, move/maximize/change the coordinates you called to any area of your texture and you will notice that the box is getting covered as the way you recall in the texture in the uv map editor.

It is not easy, but once you get practice with the UV map tool, you will find it very handy.

In the case of your object, if you want to make your own texture for it, what you need is to Unwrap it, and have some views with uv coordinates. For your model I think 2 views are enough: front and back. Once you have your coordinates in the uv editor, then, export that grid in photoshop and begin making your own texture...

A tutorial about uv mapping --->

[media=]

[/media]

this one is not that easy, however by just looking at it you will understand how a texture is covered on a model with a "human face" example as it shows there.

There is a tutorial in Syouji's browedit about UV mapping aswell.

Edit: That model you have doesnt comes with the texture? They usually comes with it,

puttz is hard kkkk but ... lets go kkk yah it come with texture ^^ i download it in this site http://archive3d.net/?tag=figurine

Edited by kasumy

I managed to put this error happened here:

aasvm.png

how do I fix the vertices?

A vertex in 3D geometry is a point with x/y/z coordinates. When you draw a line betwen 2 vertices you have an edge. When you have 3 edges unified by 3 vertices you have a face. When you have combinations of faces as geometrical shapes you have a polygon.

A vertex can be the reaching point of multiple edges, with no limit.

vertex-edge-face.gif

Eventhough, one vertex can be pointed as a "stand alone" point with no edges at all. In this case, you can easily remove the extra vertices. but before, please Look for your model in 3ds Max or well in 3d Object converter you can switch to "edge view" or "vertex view". And look all the vertex points.

If the points are attached to multiple edges there is nothing you can do at least in an easy way... because they are allready builded in the geometry of your model. It would be necessary to retopology your model, that means, draw it once again with low amount of faces. Which it is not that hard, but requires some level of 3d design.

Edit: but if the extra vertices are "floating as stand alone" without any edge attached in a huge amount (sometimes happens) you can safely remove them in 3d.