Does anyone have this level of customization?

Starlight

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

I was playing with some sprites, I work for other games and was wondering if any Private RO server has more customization then just the head and back. I've never seen anything like what I've got in mind on the official servers.

I understand that the Character is done as a body and a head serperate making the entire class outfit one whole piece. But I wonder if anyones managed to simply have items lay over that outfit? For instance, looking at the equipment window (I just googled for one I have no idea who this is.)

Ragnarok_Online_Equipment_Window.gif

Usually the 3 head slots, the left and right hand will show on the official servers. I've seen on private servers sometimes the accessory slots will show on the character too. Not that the particular items this person is wearing in the accessory slots would show just that from my experience if the server is useing custom items for wings or backpacks these items are usually placed as accessorys.

Is there any server out there that allows items in the body, robe, or shoes slots to show? I imagine in order for this to work the items would have to be made to fit over the character's current outfit which may make custom things a bit awkward since pieces of the body cannot be replaced like in other games. But thats getting ahead of everything, I'm wondering if theres any server that can do such or if making items for those slots would be a waste or involve making an entire body edit rather then just that one area.

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Sorry but the image you've posted seems to be broken o-o. Mind getting a better URL or upload it to your topic? xD

Ah it was just an image of the equipment slots for referense.

Maybe this one will work?

http://ragnarok.levelupgames.ph/episode18/images/features_others03.jpg

I was just trying to show that there seems to be servers can show most of the slots but then theres those 3 neglected slots I've never seen used to character customization.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  185

a long time ago, b4 gravity implement it i had the idea of make costumes for the chars but i gave up since the only way i found to do it was remake all characters sprites, specially the bulky ones like paladin, to make easier to the chars fit in the costumes w/o looks too weird.

another problem at the time was the limited view IDs (not a real problem now) and the fact that only headgears had visible sprites in game.

one thing that some ppl do is create disguise items to hide the actual job sprite w/ another one.

• Upvote 3

Sorry for the late reply I got super busy with work.

Hm Yeah I didn't think about the paladin which would be super bulky. I don't want to replace the entire sprite though, its what I was trying to avoid. I wonder if since trying to make items over would be so awkward on some it would be possible just to layer-over custom colors of the different pieces. Instead of picking a color to replace their whole outfit they could at least mix and match sections to different colors without having to go through a roulette of hundreds of colors to find one you like that I've seen on some servers.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  185

i think if its only for color replace you can use a item w/ command. something like

...............{},{ command; },{command; }