Ragnarok.cc Opens: Enters Beta

Ancyker

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

Hello!

The website Ragnarok.cc (RCC) has opened up. This site will be offering many services to both server owners and players soon. Right now it offers an XMPP/Jabber service and a web chat for that service. Later it will offer more. I'm also open to suggestions on what you would like to see.

Currently the following things are planned:

• (Players) Item and monster databases with a powerful search tool. It will allow searching that is comparable to regular expressions but simpler to use.
  • (Players) A forum
  • (Both) Unified login for servers (like 'login with facebook' but with ragnarok.cc)
  • (Both) The return of Ragray
  • (Owners) BitTorrent tracker for installers
  • (Owners) Advanced security controls for donations
  • (Owners) Back-end integration for item/monster databases (that means you can use our search engine on your site)

The community as a whole will also be integrated. You will be able to list servers you play, both ones allowing you to connect your account to RCC and ones that don't. More features, like automatically listing your characters, will only be available from servers that integrate fully. Integration will be fairly easy and will be explained in detail when that starts testing. I will need early adopters for this prior to a public test.

There are some other things I have planned but don't really know the specifics of yet so I'll wait to post them. In the mean time I'll try to keep this topic updated until the forum is up (the forum will be one of the last things I work on from the list).

Some things I think are worth noting:

• RCC will never share your email address, except with servers you connect with.
  • RCC will not have ads. If ads must be added they will be amazon.com and/or web hosting ads.
  • RCC will never endorse a server. Ads for RO servers will never be allowed either.
  • You will not share your password with a server when connecting with it.

Hope you enjoy.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  60

I think wrong section?

I think wrong section?

You know, I wasn't really sure what section, but it's targeted at rAthena so. Hey, maybe someone will make an rAthena channel on it? Who knows.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

What exactly are the advantages of your system compared to ratemyserver?

Actually it doesn't look very professional. :(

• Upvote 1

What exactly are the advantages of your system compared to ratemyserver?

RMS has server ratings and ads for servers. RCC has neither.

RMS has a forum but lacks any integration with any other part of the site.

RMS has no "social media" content aside from the forum.

RMS does have an item and monster database, however, the search function is not very powerful compared to the one RCC will have.

RMS does not have unified login.

RMS does not have an XMPP server.

RMS does not have a BitTorrent tracker. (as far as I know)

RMS does not provide back-end integration with server websites.

Actually it doesn't look very professional. :(

Yes. A bright aqua colored design with a fixed width layout is more professional than a dynamic width layout with no images.

I think we have different definitions of professional. RCC is skinned entirely with CSS and has no images to reduce page load time. RMS is littered with (tacky) images.

RCC will have user selectable skins. The site will likely change drastically as new features are implemented. Keep in mind while I've had this idea for years, this site was created literally yesterday.

Edited by Ancyker

• Content Count:  10

This seems to be a great idea.. And I think it should align with my foresight too.

OP, if you haven't, please have a look at this: http://rathena.org/board/topic/77850-ragnarok-online-a-new-venture/

I would love to talk to you more about this idea of yours. It seems viable seems to have an extremely high level of untapped potential.. You can message me here or email me at: pranav[dot]shirodkar[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks and good luck!

Warm Regards,

Pranav ~

This seems to be a great idea.. And I think it should align with my foresight too.

OP, if you haven't, please have a look at this: http://rathena.org/board/topic/77850-ragnarok-online-a-new-venture/

I would love to talk to you more about this idea of yours. It seems viable seems to have an extremely high level of untapped potential.. You can message me here or email me at: pranav[dot]shirodkar[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks and good luck!

Warm Regards,

Pranav ~

I don't really see a connection since RCC is not a server.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  218

Where have you been at? ;o

Where have you been at? ;o

Playing EVE Online.

Edit:

I just setup SSL on Raganrok.cc

The site and XMPP/Jabber server are now both SSL enabled.

The website forces you to use SSL while the Jabber server gives you the option to use it. Most Jabber clients will use SSL by default if it is available. The web chat client uses the web server and thus uses SSL.

Edited by Ancyker

• Content Count:  10

OP, if you haven't, please have a look at this: http://rathena.org/b...-a-new-venture/

Thanks and good luck!

Warm Regards,

Pranav ~

I don't really see a connection since RCC is not a server.

I was interested in creating a community of old-school players and the idea of using Ragnarok.cc as a "Facebook-connect" would be marvelous and quite innovative.. I didn't mean to say that RCC is a SERVER, I meant the IDEA would align with my foresight and a few ideas for the server I am working towards..

Hope I didn't offend you,

Pranav

I was interested in creating a community of old-school players and the idea of using Ragnarok.cc as a "Facebook-connect" would be marvelous and quite innovative.. I didn't mean to say that RCC is a SERVER, I meant the IDEA would align with my foresight and a few ideas for the server I am working towards..

Hope I didn't offend you,

Pranav

Makes sense. RCC will be open for everyone to use, though. Unless you are looking for specific features there is nothing you need to do other than wait.

And it takes a lot more than that to offend me.