Monsters Emos

Adam

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

Hello rAthena,

On official servers, mobs do certain emoticons depending on the situation: when they idle, attack/chase and when they give up the chase.

I would like to know if this is implemented as well in rathena and if monsters emote the same way as on official server. (I hope i made myself clear, i m not even sure ^^')

Thanks for the support.

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2407

On official servers, mobs do certain emoticons depending on the situation: when they idle, attack/chase and when they give up the chase.

I would like to know if this is implemented as well in rathena and if monsters emote the same way as on official server. (I hope i made myself clear, i m not even sure

Sure. Open db/re/mob_skill_db.txt

// MobID,Dummy value (info only),State,SkillID,SkillLv,Rate,CastTime,Delay,Cancelable,Target,Condition type,Condition value,val1,val2,val3,val4,val5,Emotion,Chat

See db/const.txt for emotion

e_gasp 0

e_what 1

e_ho 2

e_lv 3

0 is relate to gasp for example.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

Hello Capuche,

Thanks a lot for your answer

Unfortunately, as i thought, I wasn't able to make myself really clear on what I wanted to ask; so I'll just quote what has been reported to me.

Hoping you can help with that ;)

Unofficial AI: those mob emotes have a purpose!

Description: You know when a mob is chasing you and it does /swt2 emote? On official servers, this means the mob has stopped chasing you, disengaged all targets, and become passive. So passive mobs just become completely passive again. Aggressive mobs only become passive for a brief amount of time and will usually do some other emote that puts them back into aggressive mode. Anyway, I always thought that was kind of cool, and as you can imagine, it's sort of an "anti-huge-mob mechanism". Another interesting emote set: monsters like clocks and stalactic golems immediately turn "crazy" or confused when they begin attacking. This would be signified by /? appearing above their heads every few seconds. During this time, they become hyperactive aggressive (change targets all the time and even to those they come close to). This state doesn't really wear off either, unless you can carefully keep stalking that monster without them seeing you, and they'll eventually do some other emote and calm down. Also: roweens. They start off as passive looters when they spawn. Soon afterwords, however, they do an emote and become aggressive looters.

I wouldn't be sure how to implement these, but it should have something to do with each mob's emote skills and changing their AI states... should definitely be possible to implement though.