Headgear Disguise

DR4LUC0N

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  135

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right section for this. I'm looking for help on a script/source modification for my server. The modification allows 1 NPC to take a headgear item from your inventory and store it in a database(completely removes the headgear from inventory) and allows you to change the headgear you are wearing to look like the headgear you choose.

Example: Let's say I'm wearing a Valkyrie Helm and I want to change the look of it to a Captain's Hat....I go to the NPC and a window pops open saying something like "trade me 10 TCG Cards to allow a headgear in your inventory to be used as a disguise.". Now if I choose yes the NPC removes the headgear from my inventory and stores it into a list where I can choose a headgear out of a set of headgear I already traded to him to disguise my Valkyrie Helm.

I would like the disguise effect to be permanent on a character to character basis(but the list of headgears can be seen from all characters on the account) so I can have 1 character show a valk helm when logged in or equipped and another character will show the Captain's Hat when logged in or equipped. Hopefully on a headgear to headgear basis aswell.

My next thing would be the same idea but instead completely hide the headgear but have it still equipped.

Hope this isn't too much to ask. Thank you for all help.

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27

This idea is very similar to one server I played before. LOL

Anyway, isn't there already a costume system? well you have to write all head gears down again and change item ID and the Loc of it. <-- too much hassle.

Well I had asked for this modification a long time ago on the eA boards and it never got finished...it was started though.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

ahhh .... of course I remember ....

http://www.eathena.w...howtopic=271054

so ...

I'm also wondering we should continue this ... ?

bring back the memories lol

EDIT: after you try that script, reply/quote again what are the things ...

kinda don't feel like ... looking at that topic

better we start all over again =/

Edited by AnnieRuru

Well AnnieRuru I wanted to say I apologize for how I was...I was captain d-bag in that post. But none the less if we could start over again that would be great....

I will try this. Give me a few days to reply please.:)

Edited by DR4LUC0N

I'm not sure what the double posting(bump) limit is...but I went to what we started and honestly...I don't know where to add the new stuff because there is much more on this one then what eA's 3Ceam had on theirs...I'm currently using the newest version on rA and it's much different. Some assistance please.

(Maybe I've just gotten dumb because I was out of the RO world for awhile...)

Edit: Nevermind I through it in to the best of my ability, no errors so now I'm doing tests.

Edit 2: Seems like so far the only 2 issues I'm seeing is if you unequip the disguised headgear and re-equip it the disguise goes away and you need to reapply it. Also it's not static through all the headgear that you change too. And for some reason the costumes don't show up.

Would it just be easier to make up costume copies for every item in the game instead? Lol

Edited by DR4LUC0N

Bump!

Bump? If you're not to sure of the script please follow Annieruru's link and the last page of that post.