Enabling old Safety Wall (Pre-Renewal)

Vach

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

I want to re-enable the old pre-renewal safety wall math, where it is based off of skill level and hits instead of giving the wall HP.

Does anyone know the magic trick to doing this without officially disabling renewal mode in the configuration .h files? I edited battle.c and skill.c, commenting out all the renewal code, but that didn't work. I had 15 tiny aggressive monsters attacking my safety wall and it still took forever to go down.

Which section of the code am I missing?

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

I want to re-enable the old pre-renewal safety wall math, where it is based off of skill level and hits instead of giving the wall HP.

Does anyone know the magic trick to doing this without officially disabling renewal mode in the configuration .h files? I edited battle.c and skill.c, commenting out all the renewal code, but that didn't work. I had 15 tiny aggressive monsters attacking my safety wall and it still took forever to go down.

Which section of the code am I missing?

Revert these changes according to r15554.

Safety Wall now possesses a lifetime equal to 3 times the health of the caster, when the wall absorbs this much damage, the wall is removed and any remaining damage is dealt to the player.

Save and recompile.

Those are the parts of code I mentioned I commented out, and I was still receiving renewal behavior.

I'm guessing it wasn't compiling right if I wasn't receiving the changes. And those are the only files that would need to be changed to get old swall behavior?

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Those are the parts of code I mentioned I commented out, and I was still receiving renewal behavior.

I'm guessing it wasn't compiling right if I wasn't receiving the changes. And those are the only files that would need to be changed to get old swall behavior?

That's all that I found in the Trac regarding renewal behaviour for Safety Wall. Make sure that you comment it out properly.

• Upvote 1

Yea... I practically knew it was something I screwed up. Thanks!