Iteminfo.lua to old item files

Meister

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  841

Is there a ready to use program that will convert iteminfo.lua back to old itemid files text?

example. iteminfo.lua will become > idnumresnametable.txt and etc..

TY!

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

The only one I know of is the one that does it the other way around. How many custom items do you have? You may have to do it manually; although if you open a bunch of files at once with something like notepad++ that won't take too long... Unless you have hundreds of custom items.

May I ask why you need to do this? Moving from 2012-04-18+ to an old exe for what reason?

• Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  841

The only one I know of is the one that does it the other way around. How many custom items do you have? You may have to do it manually; although if you open a bunch of files at once with something like notepad++ that won't take too long... Unless you have hundreds of custom items.

May I ask why you need to do this? Moving from 2012-04-18+ to an old exe for what reason?

going back to 2012-04-10. Just for rathena's purpose. Haven't tried 2012-04-18. Does it works like a charm like 2012-04-10?

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Just as a side note Vach, if you know of one that can convert around 10k custom items in the item_db2 to the iteminfo.lua please let me know. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

going back to 2012-04-10. Just for rathena's purpose. Haven't tried 2012-04-18. Does it works like a charm like 2012-04-10?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I had absolutely no problems with 04-24 except the weapon sprite issue that I recently posted about. I just very much dislike the old text file system compared to the itemInfo.lua structure. I am actually using a stabilized 06-18 now.

Just as a side note Vach, if you know of one that can convert around 10k custom items in the item_db2 to the iteminfo.lua please let me know. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

I don't, I used the same converter that is available here on the forum downloads. I only had about 200 or so custom items. My recommendation is to use that file but parse it into sections of the highest it can manage. And copy/paste to your own itemInfo.lua.

That's a lot of custom items! XD

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Is the iteminfo more reliable than using the seperate txt files? I have somewhere between 10k and 15k custom items. Over 5k custom skills scrolls for every active skill with a duration and many more items... Anybody know what the maximum limit for what the converter can handle without errors? When I try to convert the entire file it would convert all the files, but parts of them would be missing info when I tried to use them.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187

Kind of out of topic

Since i didnt announce it to public that we still have a way to use .txt files, but with some modifications to etcinfo.txt, i had it commited to repository long ago.

See:

http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Translation_Project/Dev/

there were no notes but in order for the text files to work etcinfo.txt must has the line event#1# also some old .txt files are totally removed to the client so they are remained in System/iteminfo.lub

http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Translation_Project/Dev/System/itemInfo.lub <-- this has only slots, unidentified and identified item names.

I think it is more reliable and useful. There are technically less lines of text being used even though it's one big file and it becomes easier to format and see errors (at least to me).