• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

how to run using no-ip.org and home-based server connection: DSL

i have my posts here: the tagalog version:

http://rathena.org/board/topic/73098-help-po-pls-nababaliw-nako-dito/

and the english version:

http://rathena.org/board/topic/73099-help-pls-i-cant-connect/

i have talked to someone and using no-ip.org will always make such an error like this. but i am an avid fan of playing ragnarok online and i am an computer engineering student too. i do know that i lack knowledge about networking so im asking for your help to pls guide me (post similar trusted informative topics) that you know.

9 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  326

I use no-ip.org myself. Just put the link to the dynamic DNS host you picked directly into the <address></address> tag in your clientinfo.xml. Also make sure your client is diffed to support the DNS.

The main thing you have wrong in your conf files is that the IP address you are linking to the no-ip.org domain has to be your actual IP address from your DSL connection and not your no-ip domain (in this case "imitatia.no-ip.org"). Use no-ip's DUC client to get your actual routed IP and put that in your conf files.

Also make sure the port is open via your router (for all three server windows).

Also try not to double post. XD

Edited by Vach

sorry for double posts. /wah /wah

my problem was. when i refresh the DUC program from no-ip. the ip is changing that my server can't do, can i refresh the server too? its like 2seconds before it changes from one to another. but its only 2IPs simultaneously changing. how i wish i can refresh the server too for it to refresh the ip also. but i need it in realtime though

So your IP from your internet service provider is cycling every 2 seconds? You have DSL right? That sounds like some kind of protocol restriction they are using to prevent people from hosting - it's common with some ISPs when they want you to either pay for static services or just not do it.

You can't update the servers in real time with the current software, and even if you could, it would cost disconnects between server communication when the change happens.

You need to get your IP to stay at one address to fix your issue.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

the IP changes every 2 seconds..

wow, you can play cheats on Counter-Strike Servers! once you got banned, it will change the IP and you can do it again! Finally, all of the IPs are banned and you finally can't connect it!. YAY!!!

It's a kind of weird that IP changes every 2 seconds. As Vach said, try to pay for a static IP.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  113

A dynamic IP address is known to refresh at a certain cycle or when you reconnect to the network.

~_~ I'm back to athena and was gone for 3 something years. nothing much has changed in the server setup but GOD! it's hard to set the ports right on BayantelDSL. I don't even know if bayantelDSL lets me open a port.

It's not on reconnect, it's happening while his service is active (unless I'm not understanding).

@ winz actually it's 2 IPs simultaneously changing. i don't know if that's sarcastic or not. but when i actually refresh my no-ip DUC program. it always changes the IP address. making the server can't reach off the pacing of the ip.

by the way, i surf the net about the pros and cons of IP addresses. it seems that dynamic addresses aren't capable of hosting a server efficiently.

il better get static IP address from my provider (BayanTel), it has an additional PHP250.00/month though.

for @pandaplaygames' information

Edited by imitatia
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

yep, or maybe you can rent a vps if you want to..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Is your DSL modem bridged to your router? Most DSL modems nowadays have built in firewalls that won't release your WAN IP address to your router until you bridge it. I had the same problem cause my server is on DSL home-based and i'm using no-ip.org. You can port forward all you want but unless you bridge the modem to the router allowing it to get the WAN IP address, the modem will block all connections but local connections. Try calling your ISP and ask them how to bridge them cause different ISPs call it different things and have different ways to bridge. I hope this was helpful and good luck with your server.