rAthena & Non-Renewal

LOLSIF

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Hi, I'm currently planning to start making a server, however I'd like it to be pre- renewal, to be exact I'd like it to be just before the episode where they implemented Satan Morocc (ie Morocc map change, which I have discovered to be ea 13414). I was just wondering the easiest way to go about it, I was thinking to download an old eAthena and use that, but then someone suggested to use rAthena and turn off renewal settings, cause rA has all the bugfixes etc. They also said to use old NPC's and scripts & DB's from eA, and to delete the stuff that wasn't needed, ie satan morroc and any updates after, it sounds like a lot of work, so in summary I was just wondering which would be better and why, also would it take long to remove all the stuff up to pre-morocc? And another question, what client would be the latest client I would be able to run if I used rAthena, and the latest if I used eAthena? Any insight is much appreciated !

-Thanks

Edited by LOLSIF

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782

I'm not sure if current rev of rA's pre-renewal of which episode but it doesn't take you a lot of work to try. Turning off renewal from source file will make server read from /preRE folder automatically. For client I'd suggest 04-10-2012, it's not very old and have many support on it.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

If you're gonna go all the way back before Morocc was destroyed and you wanna use rAthena, I suggest you be careful on what you touch. Mainly, take off all renewal settings, then go into old revision of rathena around 13414 as you mentioned, and take NPCs from there.. But watch what you overwrite in your new SVN just because rAthena has had a lot of changes, typos fixed, npcs changed a tad, optimizations.. etc. so be careful.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

Be weary of unfixed exploits as well i guess

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Hmmm interesting.. and so what would be the easiest way to go about deleting all the stuff I don't want, and how would I know when to stop deleting ? On top of that do you have any idea what client I can/should use, also what version of RO? Also I don't know much about renewal, cause I quit long before then, is there much to remove from renewal backwards to morocc ep. Sorry for all the questions lol -.- and thanks for the help.

Edited by LOLSIF