Help with Spriting

Nimr0d

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

Can someone please explain to me why this sprites looks like this everytime I open it on actOR?

post-8503-0-34333900-1349364550_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37

There is no this color in sprite, You need to change palette.

Actor - Edit - Change Palette

There is no this color in sprite, You need to change palette.

Actor - Edit - Change Palette

I don't see a Change Palette button here did you mean "Set same color empty pallet"?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  802

All bmp files within the sprite share the same palette (the first bmp's palette). Adjust all bmp files to show properly by using the first bmp's palette.

I don't recommend you to edit sprites by actor (by adding frames to the frames window, that is only done while creating 32 bits sprites, which requires more knowledge :/)

All bmp files within the sprite share the same palette (the first bmp's palette). Adjust all bmp files to show properly by using the first bmp's palette.

I don't recommend you to edit sprites by actor (by adding frames to the frames window, that is only done while creating 32 bits sprites, which requires more knowledge :/)

I have tried adding frames to the frames window but the image kinda cuts itself. Any advice?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37

Photoshop can create color palette and then you should use it to all bmp files of your sprite.

Edited by Anastashia

I have tried adding frames to the frames window but the image kinda cuts itself. Any advice?

And what did I say lol? I told you not to do that, use SPR conview by bakausagi.

And what did I say lol? I told you not to do that, use SPR conview by bakausagi.

Why use that?

please help me here I still haven't figured out how to fix this.

Use SPR conview to create your sprite first, then copy paste an act of a similar sprite type, rename the act file so it has the same name the sprite file has, in the same folder. Open the files in an act editor (spr file for ActOR, act file for ActOR2, these programs will open both files, not a single one of them).