Need Help on client side (2012-07-14)

Eirel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a custom client using the 2012-07-14 version. I've download the full version and try to launch it after editing the clientinfo.xml and diffing the client to match to what I want.

But, whatever I do, I can't go further than the very first screen. I've got the "No Msg" error. After editing the msgstringtable.txt with the last english version, I've got the "Do you agree" message and nothing more, whatever I do, the client windows simply clause without saying anything.

I really need help plz ><

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

I've tried that version too, maybe it's not yet fully supported for rAthena?

Well actually, I've tried with a 2012-06-18 version too. After setting all the different config uptodate (mmo.h, packet_db etc), nothing more, nothing less. Once diffed, I can't get the client to start...

• Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

Have you tried to tackle with older clients?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  154

Look into your packet_db.txt if that client is alrady supported by rAthena

1. Diff your client with Shin's Diff Patcher

2. When you diff your client don't include load lua before lub or read data folder first

3. Use lua that fits your version

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lubs/Lub%20Files%205.0.2/

3. check your mmo.h

#define PACKETVER 20120714

4. be sure that your packet version is

packet_db_ver: 28

5. When your patching your client, make sure your use the skip packet obfuscation fix

http://supportmii.com/ro1/Clients/Bypass_Clients/Waeyan/WDGSkipPacketHeaderObfuscation.dll

Well I've tried all this already. The version I get from the client contains the corresponding lua files version in the grf files, so I don't think I need to match it (nevertheless, your link does not get a corresponding version for 20120618 nor 20120714 ^^')

I've already made all the confs as you said (except the packet_db_ver, I'll try this this evening). On the other hand, another client I've got, which is 20120618 too, fit with the server's requirement, I can log in, make a char etc. It should be a problem with the client diffing but I can't find an explanation...

On the other hand, mmo.h, packet_db.txt and packet_ver are correctly configured and/or completed. Some friends of mine told me it should be a lua files problem but I don't understand why it works with the other client and not mine...

EDIT:

Well I've finally been able to obtained a client that seems to fit my choices. I can launch, log in, create a char and start a session with my 2012-06-18 version (actually it was a problem with my diff it seems) and to log in a select a char with my 2012-07-14.

Now I've got two differents problems:

the 2012-07-14 can't go further than the "start" option, once I've choosen a char. Can anybody told me what to put in the db_packet.txt file? I think I'm missing the last entry for this version.

The 2012-06-18 go a bit further, as I can start a session, but I've got the "Rejected from server" message as soon as I come in. If I get a look to the map server, I've got a packet error which say that the packet is not as expected.

On each case, can anybody told me what I should put in packet_ver and packet_db_ver plz? I think I should be allright with that.

Edited by Eirel