What do i need to host a server?

xKubera

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

what do i need to host my server completely?

already have a offline server.

im using XAMPP (but i dont know what is this for yet)[some explanation would be helpful] smile.png

using mysql workbench 5.2

got a web host www.godro.ucoz.net (is it ok to use a subdomain for webhosting?)

using a client 2011-03-15aRagexeRE

still working on thor patcher.(a link for a video tutorial on how to use this would be helpful)[english] (and when i put the godro.ucoz.com/patch in the url at the config when i view the url nothing shows up and when i try to patch it, it says failed to communicate to server)

is there more to completely host my server?

does a free vps is good to use? http://www.host1free.com/free-vps/

how can i make an installer of my private server?(how to attach it on my website)[should i upload it on media fire?]

how can i make othr people register on my server?[is _M/_F for registring for my game is ok?]

thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

how can i make othr people register on my server?[is _M/_F for registring for my game is ok?]

https://rathena.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rathena/trunk/conf/login_athena.conf

// Can you use _M/_F to make new accounts on the server?
new_account: yes

how can i make an installer of my private server?(how to attach it on my website)[should i upload it on media fire?]

you can make it in winRar format .... or..there is numerous type of "installer" in different format and way to create..

google it to find a better or suitable installer for yourself...

same goes to hosting site...it can be your own host ~ or any other free host site...or cloudstorage site.....

thx. hmm. how can my players register on my website? what do i need to use and how can they download my installer?

and why when i close my client a website pops out of no where. how can i disable that?

and what is xampp actually for?

Edited by xKubera

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

thx. hmm. how can my players register on my website? what do i need to use and how can they download my installer?

and why when i close my client a website pops out of no where. how can i disable that?

and what is xampp actually for?

For your players to register, you need a control panel or you can write yourself a login system. They can download your installer after you've made one and uploaded it to your site.

Flux for rA: http://rathena.org/board/topic/60255-fluxcp-renewal-finally-native-rathena-support/

A webpage popping up happens with certain clients that have certain diff's applied, if i recall correctly - dunno, haven't seen that for aout 18 months xD

xampp is a webserver suite of tools that allows a machine to serve web pages using php, with a MySQL database included for back-end storage.

XAMPP: http://rathena.org/wiki/XAMPP_Installation

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  31

- you need a Ragnarok Control Panel if you want your players register thru a website, use FluxCP

- just distribute the needed files to connect to your server (your *.grf *the ip in clientinfo should be your WAN IP or NO-IP domain*, *.exe, data.ini) you can compress it thru winrar and upload it to mediafire, or make a installer just download a free installer maker

- afaik, you need xampp to host your cp and mysql, you dont need to download php and mysql if you use xampp..

so.. should i delete xampp cause i already have been using my sql.? my wan ip is in my (whatismyip.org) right? and btw do you have a video tutorial on how to config thor patcher?

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

- you need a Ragnarok Control Panel if you want your players register thru a website, use FluxCP

- just distribute the needed files to connect to your server (your *.grf *the ip in clientinfo should be your WAN IP or NO-IP domain*, *.exe, data.ini) you can compress it thru winrar and upload it to mediafire, or make a installer just download a free installer maker

- afaik, you need xampp to host your cp and mysql, you dont need to download php and mysql if you use xampp..

so.. should i delete xampp cause i already have been using my sql.? my wan ip is in my (whatismyip.org) right? and btw do you have a video tutorial on how to config thor patcher?

You both need to lear what XAMPP is lol.

xKubera: If you're already using MySQL and not the one provided by xampp, then there's no need to keep it.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  31

haha, sorry, i just want to help him xD

Edited by senpuuki