I need to disable exp reduction for lower level monsters in renewal!

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I posted before of a possible problems that I was having (see below), however I have figured out since then that its a renewal feature that reduces the experience gain if you are a higher level than the monster you kill. For example I killed an orc hero with a level 150 sinx and recieved around 40k exp with 10k exp for the MVP bonus. I looked at the level and its only a level 50 MPV (weird as that might sound). How do I disable this feature?

Previous post:

I think there is a bug with exp and maybe somebody else has the same issue. My current rates are 20/20/5. If you kill a wild rose that gives a base 720 exp (1x rate) it only shows up in the text box (@showexp) as giving me 1440 exp (2x rate). Using @rates my 20x exp rate is correct. Using @mi it correctly lists the exp the monster gives as 14,400 (20x rate). I need to do more testing to see if the character is actually recieving the 2x or 20x exp when the mob is killed. I have checked my mob_db tables and there correct leaving me to believe there is a source error somewhere. I played on a 5x server for years and I level much faster than that, so 2x would be annoyingly slow and obivious compared to 20x. I think that maybe the @showexp might just be off by a power when it is displayed. I will post again when I get a chance to do more testing. It was pointed out to me by a player last night, but I can't get on RMS on this computer.

Peopleperson49

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  234

rathena/src/config/renewal.h

disable #define RENEWAL_EXP by commenting it and recompile

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Thanks for the information. I wish they would quit making stupid changes to RO!

Peopleperson49