Blank Eyes Quest

Creed Helm Quest

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154

Try using this..

Ragnarok Online has a severe lack of quests, and the few quests that are around are 'bring me this, get that' quests. I'm certain people could be far more imaginative than that, that is why the Quest Generator has been created.

Warning: The quest generator does not actually generate quests. It generates the basis for a quest NPC for you.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Theik/questgenerator.png)

So what does the generator do?

Well, you enter your NPCs location, X and Y, its facing (in a nice dropdown menu of directions, instead of having to remember that 5 = southeast.), the name of course your NPC will have, as well as it's sprite number. The usual stuff really, except that the generator will write this out for you.

Note however, that it will automatically give it an ontouch event of 7 by 7 tiles.

This is where the quest part comes in.

You enter the variable you'll be using as your quest tracker (zombie_quest in the picture example), as well as how many steps your questline will have.

In this example, I decided that there will be two quest parts. First they have to kill some porings, then they need to kill a fabre. (Or something, who cares.)

Then, when you click the generate button, the program will automatically give you a NPC that has room for two quests, using the variable you gave it to keep track of things.

When a player who did not start the quest chain yet comes near one of these NPCs, they will see a (IMG:http://www.eathena.ws/board/style_emoticons/default/ani_exc.gif) .

Any player who already started the quest chain, but did not finish it yet, will see a (IMG:http://www.eathena.ws/board/style_emoticons/default/ani_que.gif) .

Players who completed the quest chain will not see anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The actual quest progression, however, is up to you. Note that it says 'insert your parameters here' in the if statements to check if the quest is complete. Simply check if they have the item they needed, or if they changed an integer somehow. Hell, could even be a check to see if they are a certain level, that's completely up to you. =)

Don't forget to replace the default texts however, else quests get rather confusing. ^_~ And don't forget to reward your player for completing the quest, these things are not included in the generator; it only generates the basics for you so you don't have to worry about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes to remember:

- The program was written in Java. If, after extracting the rar file, your winrar also tries to open the .JAR file, you'll have to reinstall Java from here.

- You will still need to know how variables and general NPC coding works. This program does not generate a complete quest for you, only the basis.

- I have not yet tested any of the scripts it generated for validity. (Can't at the moment, no server to test it on), so it might be possible it creates a flawed syntax. If anybody finds a bug, please let me know and it'll be fixed asap.

- A questline with 40 steps is going to get pretty confusing, I'm sorry but there's little I can do about that. (IMG:http://www.eathena.ws/board/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

- There is no need to give me any credit for the basis of code generated by the program if you use it.

Download: http://www.ziddu.com/download/4201524/eAthenaQuestNPCCreator.rar.html

Hope it is useful for people. =)

credit to Theikus

Or maybe you can learn simple quest scripting from this example:

http://eathena-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/npc/quests/quests_morocc.txt

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  439

hehe im requesting for this npc's because my headache attacking me :(

nwei thanks :)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154

Bro, its not bad to request for script. But in developing a server you must actually learn basic scripting. And its easy.

Also you can use the quest generator i told you.

hehe i know that... thanks for helping me... ^_^

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  291

and also no one will make a quest like that. they will always give you a guide for

Bro, its not bad to request for script. But in developing a server you must actually learn basic scripting. And its easy.

Also you can use the quest generator i told you.

-he's right ^^ and also no one will make you quest for that. we have lots of scripts in script release. ^^ try script of euphy and emistry.

weh? i already got two from some one else.

Edited by RN1986