Which one is better?

Rabbit

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59

Hello all. i want to ask something about making a server. which one is better for 3rd job modifications (the stable one), it is rAthena or 3CeAM? also what version of client would be the best for them. i need your suggestions, thank you for your cooperation! /bo

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  268

rAthena would be the best choice. /no1

Since they have now supported the 3rd Class and all the Renewal Changes/Mechanics.

Much better that the community is very active including the developers.

Best clients are newer ones 2012+ but unstable for the mean time due to lack of translations and unsupported packets.

Stable ones would range from 2010-10 ~ 2011 Clients.

Edited by Kaito_Kid

thank you for your respond. yep, i can see that the rAthena community is very active and it also growing up. much problem has been solved by dev and also from the community. just 1 more question. what is the differences between 3CeAM and rAthena since they both are in 3rd job classes modifications. i'm still in dilemma to choosing which one should i pick up for my project. again, thank you so much! /ok

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

Id say go with rathena. it fully supports third jobs, an has many more flexible options. Its like 3ceam but better

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  268

thank you for your respond. yep, i can see that the rAthena community is very active and it also growing up. much problem has been solved by dev and also from the community. just 1 more question. what is the differences between 3CeAM and rAthena since they both are in 3rd job classes modifications. i'm still in dilemma to choosing which one should i pick up for my project. again, thank you so much! /ok

From its name rAthena (Renewal Athena) it means the server fully supports Renewal Mechanics/Changes for 3CeaM they have supported 3rd Jobs but only supported Pre-Renewal Mechanics.

Ahh, since i have problem with 3CeAM that doesn't support with Costume Headgear. I think i will move to rAthena! 1 question, if i use the latest rAthena, is that possible using data.grf instead of data folder? What im taking about is the Client. Just tried with the one Client that provided by Calcium Kid Client but it doesn't support for read data.grf right? You guys help me alot! :D

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

it should since it reads from grf then whatever us defibed in data.ini will work woth calciumkids clientside