Starting first rAthena server, no Data Folder support?

AvalonBright

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

I'm going to preface this with saying I've run a server for about 6 years, but I went on hiatus and missed the advent of rAthena and Renewal, so I'm kind of in the dark when it comes to setting up a new server.

I've gotten Renewal downloaded and a compiled SVN, but I realized I need the Data folder...only from what I've gathered from poking around a bit, the latest clients don't seem to support them? I'm especially confused since the Judas Bible and wiki both still talk about setting a data folder up in their instructions, but don't list any alternatives.

If anyone can explain what I'm supposed to do here, that'd be great. Thanks!

15 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

First of all welcome back. If you search the forums you shoikd see calciumkid release of his basic rathena data folder. Data dolder is still required

Ah, thanks very much! Found it! I do wonder why I seemed to find topics saying the later clients didn't support them.

probably topics that said new clients don't support read data folder first

I expected to use a newer client though. XD Also is there a reason this data folder is missing things like the old mp3 table?

no reason, since usually the updated mp3 tables arein the data.grf

Hmm.... Small error. At least, I hope it's small. I made a GM account and started the server to test, though when I login with the client it says "Failed to Authenticate." It also popped up a configuration window all in either Korean or "???" which I couldn't make heads or tails of other than setting the Window size...which didn't work anyway after a few popups that I couldn't read.

I figured i'd go for the newest on the link in the bible and got 2011-09-06aRagexeRE. Also, when starting the server I got the following error, though only this--

RyOpO.jpg

It may have had something to do with the fact my account colums in the login table don't HAVE a "level" header, only group_ID? I set that to 99 in case it was the same thing. In any case I'm at a loss as to the error and why I couldn't log in. :( I'm just testing it myself at first, no fancy IP fiddling around just yet.

Edited by AvalonBright

for that console, error just make sure you execute the logs.sql database, and make sure your inter_athena.conf is setup correctly. As for the failed to authenticate, you should pack your data folder into a grf file, since later clients don't read from data folder properly

Well, I did execute logs.sql, so I don't know why it's popping up with that. The inter_athena.conf is edited too, at least in tems of port number and user name/pass. IPs are still 127.0.0.1 since, again, testing...

EDIT AGAIN. However, despite the above (though still how to fix it I don't know...), I've gotten past the authentication issue, but when I make a character and try to log in I get "Disconnecting session #3 with unknown packet version", so I'm not sure what I need to edit to fix that exactly.

I WOULD also like to figure out precisely why I have this Korean + gibberish config window that's now locked my window size and pops up with some errors of its own, as well, too. I can't get any sound or sound effects from it...

Edited by AvalonBright

well its not finidng the log db,

make sure you are specifiying where you installed it

log_db_db:

• Content Count:  9

Well, I did execute logs.sql, so I don't know why it's popping up with that. The inter_athena.conf is edited too, at least in tems of port number and user name/pass. IPs are still 127.0.0.1 since, again, testing...

EDIT AGAIN. However, despite the above (though still how to fix it I don't know...), I've gotten past the authentication issue, but when I make a character and try to log in I get "Disconnecting session #3 with unknown packet version", so I'm not sure what I need to edit to fix that exactly.

I WOULD also like to figure out precisely why I have this Korean + gibberish config window that's now locked my window size and pops up with some errors of its own, as well, too. I can't get any sound or sound effects from it...

Update your src/common/mmo.h with the client version you are using

Then recompile.

Then run the server again.

BTW, do not edit your post, just create a new reply for the update that happens to your problem,

it helps those who can reply and also those who have the same problem and is using google search engine.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  439

Actually what he did should be followed by each member of this community. He did the right thing.

Back to the topic, make sure to execute logs.sql on your ragnarok schema or whatever the name of your new database. For the unknown packet,

just leave the packet_ver to default (packet_db.txt)

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  59

actually it is about logs. go to rAthena folder > conf > inter_athena.conf and find

log_db_db: ragnarok

change to :

log_db_db: logs

save and you are able to run login_sql without any errors. hope this will help you.

Sigh. Alright, I did the above (changed log_db_db to logs), and now I get this in the login server:

"Access denied for user 'ragnarok'@'%' to database 'logs'"

usualy means you didn't transfer over privledges to that schema

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  222

lets see a list of things u may have forgotten to do,

1. Set the user in the login table with account id 1, to have the same userid/password you set in your char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf
  2. gave the user ragnarok, schema privileges for both log/ragnarok database
  3. in your inter_athena.conf, all of the databases are named correctly, "log_login_db:" should say log_login_db: loginlog, log_db_db: *name of log database*
  4. do not forget to edit your log_athena.conf and comment out the block of log files that start with log/, and uncomment the ones that say atcommandlog and branchlog, etc. Make sure their are no spaces before log_gm_db:,log_branch_db:,etc

Edited by lilcooldude69