@accinfo

Ind

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

This was brought in the past in http://rathena.org/b...-new-gm-system/ by arcenciel, the only concern brought up at that time was made by gepard, which I shall reply to now.

I don't think it's cooked enough to be included in rAthena. There is no documentation for that GeoIP.dat file, the way it's handled (ip->country translation) looks quite awful (consider using built-in DB system maybe?), and I definitely would consider moving SQL queries to char-server.

So yes, I think we could add this if it's reworked. And we also need to sort out possible license issue with that GeoIP data.

A DBMap isn't viable, there are millions of entries in that file and it uses it's own algorithm to go thru them quickly. The GeoIP file is provided free of charge by maxmind.com (its the free type)

I'm joining that discussion this late because back then I didn't seem to think it'd be worth, I have changed my mind however and I'm now willing to discuss it. I do think it's a very handy feature and seeing by the amount of times it was downloaded I do think it will be worth having on the svn.

The rodeo has started! let me know what you think. share your thoughts, love and cookies.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

When Arc brought the command to my attention, I've used it ever since. With a little tweaking to work alongside Harmony, it's ridiculously helpful in combating cheaters who multi-client during events by adding in a last_mac field, but it also allows me to search account information so much faster than entering either into SSH to do queries or phpmyadmin. Two thumbs up on the tool itself. Not really sure what can be done from a technical aspect to improve the feature, but from a user's standpoint, I'm thoroughly pleased. <3

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112

In before mac bans.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

since there were no objections I've gone ahead and added in r16025. As you may see there is a horrible horrible horrible way to retrieve class names in char server, need to think of a way around it :< any suggestions are more than welcome!

On a side note, I've wrote a new version of the command for this commit, all processing is now handled by char server rather than map server (an suggestion gepard and epoque did months ago).

perhaps rewrite the whole way jobs are handled? its currently messy tbh ids in mmo.h names handled by pc.c and stored in msg_athena.conf

• Upvote 1