What radicial ideas do people have?

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Everybody got a radical idea that they thought might be cool for a server to have or do. It could be experience rates, drops, custom classes, npc's, how character's advance, anything at all... My server is built on these principals and I just wondered what other people thought!

Peopleperson49

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28

I more than once thought about making a party system for mobs so that MVPs don't just summon slaves, but that they are actually partied in a sesne and that they could get customized to have party-wide buffs like Magnificant or Gloria. You could only imagine the rape that would ensue should Alpoccio and Trentini Partied up to do Loki on the players while their mob slaves buffed up and chewed through the desperate players as they cried for mercy.

The extension of this idea was making the server create "dummy" accounts that would have preset characters that could be instanced in some form to be placed in player-owned parties (or they could just group up and party each other) so that they could get buffs and work as a unit. The intended goal for that was to artifically increase the amount of people that took part in WoE battles either in small population servers or in large ones to make it look like an actual war. This would mean that these mobs would resemble actual player characters for all intents and purposes, and they would have gears of their own and all that. And finally, they would have a set of skills that they would do, depending on the job class and the AI type that the player chose.

Finally, to make sure balance is maintained, the number of these "NPC/AI players" (I couldn't really call them Mercenaries because of how fundamentally different they are) would be made proportional to either: a)the amount of online guild members, b)the level of the castle's economy, c)a fixed amount that you can reach, or d)a combination of the above . This final part is more related to giving players a chance to have their castle still be defended in the event that player couldn't come online for whatever reason (not like attacking guilds wouldn't have them in the first place, just not in the same quantities).

They would also be limited in what things they would do and would not do. For example, a limitation would be to cap their level and stats to a point lower than players, to make actuall players stand out as the "hero units". Another thing that these AI players would be limited in is only aiding the players, these mobs would never directly target the Emperium or Prevent an ecall from happening. They would also not target the guardians, and instead would flee from them (or maybe the guardian system could be replaced with this "AI player" system... idk...). in PvE, these mobs would not gain EXP for the player unless the player deals more than at least 60% damage to the mobs and they would also not give drops to the players (the loots they get are discarded form the server). Finally, they would never target MVPs, and instead would go into "flee" mode or "support" mode to just support the player if they can buff or heal.

Meh, I don't think I'll ever get to see that or make it myself since I don't know much of coding, and what I did know of coding has long since been forgotten due to lack of constant practice.

That is a very interesting idea! I wish other people would post there ideas! Keep posting! Maybe I will try some source coding and see if I can get that to work!

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49

My only other idea was to revamp the entire class system to add more skills that I think were missing on certain classes, as well as giving a proper rebirth class to the expanded classes, along with making a few new ones. I kinda wanted to expand on the world of Amatsu, See where I got with it. But most people don't like to play on servers that are too custom. Not that I would have gone through with making this since I kinda' try to avoid making my own server due to lack of resources among other things.

My ideas for new classes:

- Samurai: A class focused on Swords, Spears and Bows and skills that use AGI as one of their main modifiers for damage. Their main skill trees would be focused on high-damage, counter-attacks, and obviously some mystical abilities.

- Shinto: A class focused on magic of all three types (healing, damage, support), with a focus on seals. Their main weapons would be Bows, Staves and Maces. Their damage would use Dex as their main damage modifier on skill formulas.

Another thing that I thought about, and this is the more radical than the other that I've mentioned. I kinda always wanted to split the Stat system into more than the six stat types to something like eight. The idea behind it was to try and even out the bonuses that each stat gave, because I thought that some of them affected too many of the sub-stats that the player had. For exmaple, I wanted to create a direct counterpart to VIT by splitting INT into two and creating an aditional stat called SPI (Spirit), which would be the one that increased SP and Mdef. That hardest part though is finding which other stat that could be split to further bring the stats back to an even number in the stat circle. I thought about splitting LUK by adding something like CON (concentration) to influence stuff like Hit/Dodge, ASPD/Cast, Status Resistance and extra Weight, to somewhat work as a sort of counter balance to LUK. But again, this would require a lot of effort that not everyone is willing to do... and I'm sure not everyone would be willing to play through... seeing how so many people seemed to keep hating on Renewal and all that.

I like the idea for the Samurai and the Shinto classes. They would make good 3rd type jobs. I have said before that the stat system should be broke down more than it is. The more control you have the more unique you class can be also.

Peopleperson49

Yeah, they would be jobs all their own though, not evolutions from, say, Kagero and Oboro. I'd have to figure out a job tree for those class types.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  297

RO2:LotS' Khara system. (May be related to the Achievement System *with title*)

I'm not familiar with the exact advancement system.

Peopleperson49

It's a kind of alignment system that gives you bonuses for completing certain challenges. Provides you with bonuses depending on your play style.

For more info: http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=72395

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  297

It's a kind of alignment system that gives you bonuses for completing certain challenges. Provides you with bonuses depending on your play style.

For more info: http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=72395

the khara system description provided in the link you gave is not quite what the present khara system RO:LotS have (in terms of interface, to say the least). that might be the khara system of the OBT, somehow a little bit different from what it is now.

Khara system of present RO2:LotS is simply like a quest, collect some item [0/3], kill some mob with this name [0/12] with corresponding zeny reward (since zeny in RO2:LotS makes a huge role as the currency) and some Titles (similar to achievement system) from some definite khara quest.

implementing it ro1 might be a bit challenging task, however may play out good to low~medium rate servers where stats basically are low, and zeny speaks volumes to server-wide transactions.

Edited by Jhedzkie

If that's how it is, then why not just use the current quest system and customize stuff like the Eden quests and the job change quests to give Zeny along with the rewards? I mean, the way you describe it makes it seem like it's just that, a glorified quest system.

EDIT: I thought a bit more about it, I think you could probably implement that throught the addition of customized costume equips that can be used for enchanting.

Edited by Kiso

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

well, mostly i give idea but no buddy go make it. kinda /desp

ok, here is my......

1.racing game.

Request Rainbow track script

2. i was thinking ... how about making a farm script? can let us harvest potion? XD!