Stupid question #7499

guacamole

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

has anybody ever tought about replacing the ragnarok client with another game client?

wait, before you rage:

- i don't mean create a new client from scrach (there were several projects, all of then are dead or "in dev" for years and suddenly the project is dropped)

- im talking about ignoring Gravity (also for copyright reasons) and using a new 3d client / engine for it, just porting all the work already done here. Ofc that the sprites would change, but what really matters is the mecanics/stats/skills.

RO gameplay is something we will never find again in any other game, i'm talking about War of Emperium. I played WoW, Rift and many other mmo's and all i can say about then is that they suck because there's no WoE

RO2 is so disappointing, it's just a cheap wow clone. I have a dream: a RO2 created by the community with a new engine, but keeping the same gameplay.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  351

Cute, there is at least 1 project still out there of someone creating a new client for ragnarok with better graphics of course than the current one, better rendering and all. However it's not completed and I don't even know what stage it's now.

It's a nice idea though, the problem will just be finding enough people to contribute to this new project, there's been talk about it already by non-dev's but the main task for rA right now is finishing up codes and implementing the classes correctly before jumping to the next project if they do decide to take that upon themselves.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119

RO2 may be a "WoW" clone (if you mean that in the sense that it fails in the entertainment department and is a grindfest) now, but this is why we have private servers/emulators :3 Divinia RO made the first RO2 emulator before RO2 was revamped, and they have started on the newest version but it has not been released yet and probably won't be for quite some time. But, when it is, you can make your RO2 less fail. I already have ideas on what I will be changing. 8D

If you just want RO1 to be 3D, you could do that with an RO2 emulator, probably quite easily. But I have seen other, abandoned, RO1 3D projects. Can't remember where, there was two though, but everything really just looked the same way, just, round/3D. (I remember this graphics GM who works for the official RO, he did successfully 3D a novice head, but it wasn't impressive. http://ro-projectrevolution.blogspot.com/2007/10/play-as-3d-cell-shade-model-in-ro_3497.html ) If someone was to truly develop their own 3D graphics based off the original designs, that would be MUCH more epic.

But yes, there are clients being developed too that would help with that copyright issue, but I swear there will always be some kind of infringement. The only way there would not be, I think, would be if you made a completely new game that was unrelated to RO...

Edited by Wolfeh

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

Woah, great Vids? how did person do this Sprite Sheets? the Chibi is CUTE.

Edited by Mindless