• Announcements

• Emistry

Rules and Regulations - General/Script/Database/Source Support   11/17/16

In all sub-forums of this section , you are still bound to follow the rAthena Board Rules. Topic Author: Do not release scripts that are not of your own creation unless you can provide evidence of explicit permission from the original author to do so. Attempt to post your script in the proper section. If you're not certain as to where to post it, feel free to ask one of the Moderators. Do provide an informative title.  Do provide at the very least a 3-4 sentences description or summary that clearly states what your script does.  Attempt to have multiple hosts for your scripts as to prevent dead links. 3 or more links are ideal. Links to your issue should directly provide the relevant items without the need for registration.  Make use of BBCode for respective contents.  Mark the reply as "Best Answer" in case it solved your issue. You may as well consider give them a reputation for the help. Vote Up relevant replies, and Vote Down for irrelevant replies. You're not allowed to bump your topics if you're not providing any new updates prior to your previous post.   Member: You're not allowed to bump your topics if you're not providing any new updates prior to your previous post. Do not post anything irrelevant contents in the topic. Vote Up relevant replies, and Vote Down for irrelevant replies. You may only post into this area if you are willing to either write new or make changes to scripting code yourself.  Do not criticize others reply being too general or without concrete scripting code.    Everyone: Violate these rules may result in immediate deletion of the topic/post, warning increase, and restriction of posting abilities for a certain period of time. On future offenses, member is to receive an increase in the warn level and have their posting abilities restricted for a certain period of time to be determined by the Moderators handling the case.
      * rAthena Staff reserves the right to add to and change the rules at any time. It is your duty to keep up with any changes and follow them to the best of your ability.   Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Sharpienero

[Video Series - Sharpienero] Setting up your rAthena Private Server

Question

In reference to this and all future post. Please avoid making this topic into a Support Topic of all kinds.

Part 1 - Setting up your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7dcwdz2

Part 2 - Getting onto your server.

http://tinyurl.com/7nqunos

Part 3 - All about groups.conf and setting server admins and GM's.

http://tinyurl.com/7u6c442

Part 4 - Adding custom NPCs

http://tinyurl.com/8x359bt

Edited by Sharpienero

131 answers to this question

So far, the VIDEO very well understand, somehow i didn't see your 'VIDEO' with another MySQL Tutorials for 'MySQL Administrator'

You need to Import them ">>" and 'Apply Changes' for the 'Schema Privileges' or else it will show MySQL Error.

and also check your /conf/files

Following:

char_athena.conf

map_athena.conf --> You forgot to config this also, that's why it shows [Error] on your mapserv.sql.exe.

Regards,

Mindless

So far, the VIDEO very well understand, somehow i didn't see your 'VIDEO' with another MySQL Tutorials for 'MySQL Administrator'

You need to Import them ">>" and 'Apply Changes' for the 'Schema Privileges' or else it will show MySQL Error.

and also check your /conf/files

Following:

char_athena.conf

map_athena.conf --> You forgot to config this also, that's why it shows [Error] on your mapserv.sql.exe.

Regards,

Mindless

I configured them both. I just looked them over as well. EDIT - I saw the issue. I forgot to remove //. I'm making an annotation now.

And @ the mysql ">>", don't you mean "<<"? o: I forgot about that step because I already did it waayyyyy before this video was made.

Edited by Sharpienero

Nice guide but can you also give the links you've used? Thanks :D

Nice guide but can you also give the links you've used? Thanks :D

They're on the youtube video, but I'll also upload them here.

this is awesome guide! :D

Edited by Will Suranol

[string "buf"]:10: attempt to call global 'Iter_getTable' (a nil value)

have you ever encountered this one? teach me how to fix this please ...

[string "buf"]:10: attempt to call global 'Iter_getTable' (a nil value)

have you ever encountered this one? teach me how to fix this please ...

In reference to this and all future post. Please avoid making this topic into a Support Topic of all kinds.

In the last step where it says to put slq. db_password. Well i don't have a password on my mysql can i leave it blank or just leave the ragnarok?

Edited by elcontrol00

In the last step where it says to put slq. db_password. Well i don't have a password on my mysql can i leave it blank or just leave the ragnarok?

I recommend having a password for mysql.

But yes, you can leave it blank.

Had a big long question typed but I ended up figuring it out but still thanks for the info

Great video, very helpful!

Edited by kbs

hi, i have watched and followed your step from the video, but i cant log in to the games....Reject from Server (137) it shown, do you know how to solve it?

hi, i have watched and followed your step from the video, but i cant log in to the games....Reject from Server (137) it shown, do you know how to solve it?

Did you port forward correctly? Sorry for the late response.

Hey Sharpie, thanks for the video. I am stuck on the part about schema privileges. I am getting an error saying "unknown database 'rathena' when I try to add the new connection. Would you mind making another short video about schema privileges, or go into more detail here about how to do such a thing? I haven't messed with MySQL before so I am actually learning as I go.

Hey Sharpie, thanks for the video. I am stuck on the part about schema privileges. I am getting an error saying "unknown database 'rathena' when I try to add the new connection. Would you mind making another short video about schema privileges, or go into more detail here about how to do such a thing? I haven't messed with MySQL before so I am actually learning as I go.

This is likely because at that point you haven't created a database named 'rathena'. That is the login to MySQL. If this is, I'm assuming, your first time logging in there will not be a schema/database created.

Run this in the query execution area after you've logged in:

CREATE SCHEMA `rathena`;

Side-note, on permissions, you won't need to set permissions if using root as your login. On the other hand, I highly suggest only using a root login for testing purposes (i.e. test server) and do not on a production server; it's not best practices.

Edited by Cookie

This is likely because at that point you haven't created a database named 'rathena'. That is the login to MySQL. If this is, I'm assuming, your first time logging in there will not be a schema/database created.

Run this in the query execution area after you've logged in:

CREATE SCHEMA `rathena`;

Side-note, on permissions, you won't need to set permissions if using root as your login. On the other hand, I highly suggest only using a root login for testing purposes (i.e. test server) and do not on a production server; it's not best practices.

Thanks, I didn't even see his post.

Thanks for the help Cookie. I am going to start over and try it again.

On a side note, what I am looking to do is create a server for my friends and I. We have been wanting to play old school RO, ie. before transcendent classes. After this many years, how difficult would it be to setup a server that excludes everything after say Juno?

Edited by born2bagamer

Hi Can you post the link of the applications you used

Cause in the youtube channel the link there is the website of the application and i dont know what version there to download.

thanks

/no1

but,how to upload on vps?it's same if i want to install in vps??in that video please make tutorial how to install mysql and xampp :)

but,how to upload on vps?it's same if i want to install in vps??in that video please make tutorial how to install mysql and xampp :)

It's the same thing, I believe.

I will be re-making this video sometime soon due to mysql being EOL'd.