Since Rytech is ending his project is he merging with Rathena!?

ThugLyfe

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44

I was just wondering due to the fact that when I was on his webiste (3ceam) he said that he would have no time to keep going, I wouldn't blame him to end it after all he is the only core developer for his project so does this mean he is going to merge with Rathena 2 projects? or is 3ceam dead forever? or idk.. LOL /sob

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

But things are different today. Because of some issue that happened with eAthena, a group branched off from them and formed rAthena. Ive seen great progress from this group and respect them for their hard work and want to help them however I can. Looking at their coding I noticed 2 things. 1st is their using 3CeAM's code in rAthena which shows all our hard work wasn't for nothing after all and helped with the progress. Its not the best work, but we gave it our best and could of done better if we could of worked with eA dev's in the past and learn from them. The 2nd thing I noticed is rAthena is trying to make a complete config that allows one to switch between the old classic mechanics and the renewal mechanics. 3CeAM is coded on top of eAthena data and retains the old mechanics since not everyone likes the renewal setup (I dont like most of what renewal brings).

From what I can see, continuing my work on 3CeAM will soon become pointless since rAthena will soon be able to do everything 3CeAM can and more. More as in more stability, more flexibility and choices in setting different configures, better support for newer clients - features - systems, etc. Best part about all of this is the team behind it. They have a big team that's working together and constantly updating rAthena. Me....im working by myself here and its getting boring. I could recruit people, but then ill have to teach them the do's and dont's, inspect their work to see if their acceptable, and other crap which I don't want to spend my time on.

Because of the above facts about the 2 projects im thinking about dropping the project and continuing my work with rAthena. I have to face the fact that sooner or later 3CeAM will no longer be needed and will die. But I have to wonder what limits ill have to what I can do there. Plus their's some things 3CeAM has that I would like to see in rAthena if not already in there, like the specialized official casting system which makes only 3rd job skills follow the renewal casting system in casting (Variable/Fixed Cast) and reuse cycling (Aftercast/Cooldown) while making skills that existed before renewal keep their old ways with just full variable cast times and aftercast. You may have also noticed that I took the time to add whatever I could for the unreleased jobs like Death Knight and Dark Collector. Even tho their not released, I added them anyway just to do it. The ID's are official and so is settings in the skill_db, skill_requirement, etc. Their's a few things for them I have yet to add like skill trees for example (Yes I actually got official skill trees) and some info about a few of their skills. I dont think ill be allowed to add something thats not released to rAthena, but I can release a patch for those that are interested.

I would think so.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  530

I honestly don't think its "good news" but I am kinda glad that he took the burden of 3rd classes off his shoulder, at the moment he needs a job...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

As far as I know, there has been no discussions of a merger but I'm sure most of our Developers would be happy to have Rytech on the team.

And in regards to Ind using 3Ceam, I think it's just for convenience's sake because there's really no point to coding something from scratch when something is readily available that can just be modified.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  126

hello im using 3CeaM, so does this mean that there will no more update of 3CeaM?. So 3CeaM will be over?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  2244

yep, rytech did mention he would try to make a diff to transfer to rathena? but whos knows

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much! Jman hopefully you can share your news here! hopefully they can merge or better you adapt to one anther I mean if 3ceam

will have no more updates it will be the end of it for good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  328

it's a big advantage if this merge happen

• Upvote 2