Installation Help

Goodsir

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5

Hello!

I'm having trouble installing the server. I've tried to follow the wiki guide the best I could and I've ran into a problem I can't figure out.

http://rathena.org/wiki/Connecting

In Step 1. Interserver Communication Passwords, it talks about setting a new password for 3 files. char_athena, map_athena and "your login sql table".

I can't for the life of me find this SQL table the guide meantions. Is there a file somewhere named this that I have to edit? Or is there step or something I missed?

Any help would be appreciated - I been trying to get a server running for several days now and I believe it might be a little beyond my comprehension.

Thank you in advance.

11 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10

How are you editing/controlling your SQL database? I'm using phpmyadmin which is what many people use.

1.] To change the password with phpmyadmin, you go into phpmyadmin in a web browser, click on your Ragnarok database

2.] Then it will show a long page with 42tables, each with different names.

3.] In that list find "login" and click on it.

4.] Then your'll see a list of the accounts on the server, with the interserver communication password on the very top with the account ID being "1" and listing "s1" and "p1" next to it..

5.] Then click "edit" on that, and change "s1" and "p1" to whatever you wish.

Edited by OffBeat

Thank you very much for getting back to me about my problem!

Seems I didn't even have a database setup at all - I was reading straight from the Wiki and I don't believe it even mentions anything about setting this up at all! Could be wrong, I tend to over look things.

With this added information, I will look into installing phpmyadmin and getting this database up and running. Hopefully then I can put that information you left me to good use. Thank you again for your reply.

I only plan to test builds and item combinations. An offline version of RO would probably be more suiting to my needs (and would be alot easier on my brain!). If anyone could direct me to where I could get one of those, that would be real swell. Otherwise, I guess I will continue to figure out how to get all this up and running.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  22

How are you editing/controlling your SQL database? I'm using phpmyadmin which is what many people use.

1.] To change the password with phpmyadmin, you go into phpmyadmin in a web browser, click on your Ragnarok database

2.] Then it will show a long page with 42tables, each with different names.

3.] In that list find "login" and click on it.

4.] Then your'll see a list of the accounts on the server, with the interserver communication password on the very top with the account ID being "1" and listing "s1" and "p1" next to it..

5.] Then click "edit" on that, and change "s1" and "p1" to whatever you wish.

Yes I got phpmyadmin working, Im in its web browser but.. How and where to find Ragnarok database? /hmm

Edited by Alphochio

You have to setup a database for your rathena server. You can do that with phpmyadmin by adding an 'ro' database in phpmyadmin. Once thats done you have to import the .sql files which would be inside /sql-files/ the files you need are "main.sql" and "item_db.sql" (believe you only need those two). Make sure you import them to the 'ro' database you have created in phpmyadmin. If your still lost, and clueless about where to find this database; you have to make it.

Edit: You need your sql server running while using phpmyadmin, and to use phpmyadmin on localhost in a browser you need a web server. Look into http://www.apachefriends.org, they have a program that has apache/mysql/phpmyadmin all warped one in one program/install.

Edited by OffBeat

Hello again!

Well, I downloaded xampp from apachefriends and imported main.sql and item_db.sql into my newly created 'ragnarok' database. Re-configured all the files listed on the wiki and I am getting new errors - but it's progress!

This is the error I am getting across the board -

serverbust001.png

WAN IP cencored for obvious reasons.

Any help on what this problem is and how to fix it would awesome, thanks guys.

Edited by Goodsir

Is your sql server setup and config? As well as the conf files in rAthena with the correct username/database name/password for your database? <- Because that clearly is the problem since your rA servers can't connect to your sql server.

Honestly, I don't know. I created a database named "ragnarok" then imported the files. Is there more I have to do? As for the conf files, the passwords are all the same, but maybe I don't refer each file to a database? How do I fix this?

Not sure since I don't know what you messed up, or if you setup the sql server correctly.Try posting each of the rA server conf files: login/char/map on here. And show me a pic of your RO database within phpmyadmin, showing all the tables.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  222

you forgot to give the account access permissions to the database, in mysql, you do this under mysql administrator(if your using guitools) make an account, Username of the account = s1 in the database and the password of the account = p1 in the database, you need to give it access to all the tables in the database btw.

Edited by lilcooldude69

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  22

You have to setup a database for your rathena server. You can do that with phpmyadmin by adding an 'ro' database in phpmyadmin. Once thats done you have to import the .sql files which would be inside /sql-files/ the files you need are "main.sql" and "item_db.sql" (believe you only need those two). Make sure you import them to the 'ro' database you have created in phpmyadmin. If your still lost, and clueless about where to find this database; you have to make it.

Edit: You need your sql server running while using phpmyadmin, and to use phpmyadmin on localhost in a browser you need a web server. Look into http://www.apachefriends.org, they have a program that has apache/mysql/phpmyadmin all warped one in one program/install.

Hi I'm back... been busy on other stuffs.

anyway sir I just wanna let you know when I IMPORT "item_db.sql" I got this ERROR below:

then I went to "db folder" I saw that the "item_db.tx" has this "BLUE QUESTION SIGN" while others has "GREEN CHECK SIGN" :D

I did some SVN UPDATE but nothing change.

Error
SQL query:
# REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5693,'No_Fear_Underware','No Fear Underwear',5,0,NULL,0,NULL,10,NULL,0,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,256,NULL,20,0,30,'bonus bStr,1; bonus bInt,1; bonus bDex,1;',NULL,NULL); # REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5694,'No_Fear_P_Headgear','No Fear P Headgear',5,0,NULL,0,NULL,1,NULL,1,0xFFFFFFFE,7,2,256,NULL,20,0,614,'bonus bVit,1;',NULL,NULL); # REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5695,'E_Blue_Drooping_Kitty','E Blue Drooping Kitty',5,250000,NULL,500,NULL,1,NULL,0,0,7,2,256,NULL,0,1,277,'bonus bMdef,15;',NULL,NULL); # REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5696,'E_Flying_Angel','E Flying Angel',5,20,NULL,300,NULL,1,NULL,0,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,256,NULL,10,1,264,'bonus bInt,1; bonus bAgi,1;',NULL,NULL); # REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5697,'E_Smoking_Pipe_','E Smoking Pipe',5,20,NULL,100,NULL,0,NULL,0,0,7,2,1,NULL,0,0,55,'bonus bVit,1;',NULL,NULL); # REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5698,'E_Pair_OE_Red_Ribbon_','E Pair OE Red Ribbon',5,20,NULL,100,NULL,1,NULL,0,0,7,2,512,NULL,45,0,169,NUL[...]
MySQL said:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'REPLACE INTO `item_db` VALUES (5741,'Im_Egg_Shell_Hat','Eternal Egg Shell',5,20,' at line 49 

P.S - Yes, I was able to change the s1 & p1

Edited by Alphochio

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  222

what version is your mysql o_O, its saying the syntax of REPLACE INTO is incorrect. as for the blue question mark that means that the file has been altered and or been added to the folder and it isnt in the svn.

Edit: Try doing it with this one.

item_db.sql

Edited by lilcooldude69