BrowEdit Resource Guide

Syouji

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

2322323232322.jpg

A Resource Guide For Mappers

Note: No longer a collaborated based project. It is now running as an independent piece of work.

Greetings everyone! I would like to draw the attention of all experienced mappers out there. If you enjoy mapping and wish to share your knowledge to others then I would like to introduce you for the 1st time to a new collaborative based project called BRG - BrowEdit Resource Guide. Its a single document, a user-manual if you will that gives detailed breakdowns of each major function of BrowEdit. A few of many categories the resource guide provides are:

• Downloading and Installing BrowEdit
  • Details of each Edit Mode & their functionality
  • Recommendations & Quick Tips for each Edit Mode
  • Navigational Controls
  • Mapping Resource Download Links (templates/maps/textures/models) & much more.

If you've read the Judas Bible for server management/sprite implementations then this new resource is exactly that except geared towards just BrowEdit. The final product for this guide will comprise of great detail towards images and step by step processes. It will also be formated as a PDF document with interactable links. Collaborating everyone's work is much better than having others producing guides of their own. This way we can work together as a team and bring about our knowledge as one, all placed nicely together into a single package.

To Apply as a collaborator You must meet or exceed the following Requirements.

REQUIREMENTS:

• Be able to write in English (Doesn't have to be perfect as long as we can understand what you're trying to say)
  • Basic Knowledge of using a Google document (Google Account Required)
  • An Experienced Mapper (Great/High understanding of BrowEdit & its functions, designed several maps and therefore you know how BrowEdit responds to the user)
  • A Team Player & Self Motivated
  • Multilinguistic is an Asset, NOT REQUIRED (Possibility of Multi-Language Support In the Future)

You might think to yourself, whats in it for me? Your name will be published inside the document as a collaborator and credited appropriately. The document will be released publically as a free resource for anyone.

If you are interested in being a part of this project and know this is right for you please send me a personal message on the forums. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from all mappers out there!

LIST OF COLLABORATORS:

• Syouji
  • Will populate list as new contributors join the project.

Edited by Syouji
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Updated requirements to get rid of any ambiguity with regards to the meaning of asset. It is NOT a requirement but is highly useful to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Due to zero interest of potential collaborators joining this project, I will be resuming this project of mine as an independent piece of work. It is no longer a collaborating based project.

• 7 years later...

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  159

@Syouji i would like to know some details about borfs can i send a private message to you and if i can't send you a message do you have some contact information like skype or something i really want to learn alot if it is okay with you.