[Resolved] Headgear-Sprite Problem (Colors)

Tenshi

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

So,

I've created a new headgear sprite with the official gravity color table. I've saved it as 8bit. No problems. When I've finished the sprites I converted them from .bmp to .spr with the SprTool. Alright, but when I'm lookin' at the sprite in the SprTool the colors aren't the same as I've saved them. The background isn't transparent like it always is. I know that when e.g. you recolor a sprite you only have to recolor the first one and the rest will recolor automatically, but i didn't recolored it, I created a new one and I don't want the programm to change the colors of some pixels in my after sprites because of the first one ... x.x What do i have to do? Please help .. ._.

Tenshi

Resolved. In some of the sprites were different colors than in the first.. xD

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  207

Glad you figured it out on your own. =] But yes, you need the colour table for every .bmp in a single sprite to be the same. And for the background colour to be transparent, it should be the very first colour of any colour table.

Have fun with your sprites!

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

If I sprite customs I just finish one bmp with a special .pal and save the pal , then load the .pal on the new bmp and start spriting again,to have the same colors on every frame. And like Gaypuff already said,the first color in the .pal has to be the background color,to make it transparent.

Good Luck!