RE Clients

Conflicts

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

Alright, this post is made to somewhat clear up confusions between RE clients.

As of now, I am stuck in using 2010-07-28 Client, cause for me, this one's the most complete.

Some of the diff options I just can't drop are, Use Shared Palettes and Adjust Font Size.

Pros: It has it's own .diff that you can patch it with. Comes with the most complete .diff options.

Cons: It's a freaking 1-year old client. Can't display new stuffs (mounts), or some new effects, Idk.

Let me hear your thoughts. Let's start up with these few questions.

What Client date would probably be the best choice next to the one I'm using? Why?

And, is it possible that we could get .DLL(s) for the said .diff options above?

What (how much) would it cost? Let's discuss.

Edited by Conflicts

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

As of now, I am stuck in using 2010-07-28 Client, cause for me, this one's the most complete.

i though both Old / RE Client would have the same diff ? or maybe RE have some new diff for it.. ?

What Client date would probably be the best choice next to the one I'm using? Why?

Maybe is RE Client ? since alot players seem to be love to play with Mount System...and that cant be done in Old Client..

What (how much) would it cost? Let's discuss.

i think suppose to be free to download , as it is shared by the Diff Team..

unless you request for certain custom hexing on your client , then it would become another story for it...

* Just my personal Opinion *

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17

There's a lot of people using clients from 2011 and higher, and they seem to be working good, from what I've heard.

Personally, I use 2010-07-21a for my server, so I wouldn't know how well the 2011 Renewal clients work, or how stable they are, but I'd guess (and please don't hold me to this) that an early 2011 client would work, since they'd support the extended character mounts, like Emistry said, and new effects, like you said.

And I'm curious... what do you mean by DLLs for those DIFF options? Like, so you can interchange DIFF options for a particular client on the fly?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

i though both Old / RE Client would have the same diff ? or maybe RE have some new diff for it.. ?

Diffteam made each client with a separate .diff file, but they stopped at 2010-11-16.

Maybe is RE Client ? since alot players seem to be love to play with Mount System...and that cant be done in Old Client..

Yeah that's why I wanted to discuss the pros and cons, so I could weigh out the options.

By the way, 2010-07-28 (the one I'm using) and 2011-month-date (anything latest) would generally be both RE Clients.

i think suppose to be free to download , as it is shared by the Diff Team..

unless you request for certain custom hexing on your client , then it would become another story for it...

Yeah, but to an extent, I'd be willing to pay for it. Though unfortunately, that's one of the things we're trying to avoid,

and one of the reasons why we participated in this board move.

* Just my personal Opinion *

There's a lot of people using clients from 2011 and higher, and they seem to be working good, from what I've heard.

Personally, I use 2010-07-21a for my server, so I wouldn't know how well the 2011 Renewal clients work, or how stable they are, but I'd guess (and please don't hold me to this) that an early 2011 client would work, since they'd support the extended character mounts, like Emistry said, and new effects, like you said.

And I'm curious... what do you mean by DLLs for those DIFF options? Like, so you can interchange DIFF options for a particular client on the fly?

Yeah, they would infact work. But having a 200~300mb palette grf would be one of your main problems.

Also, for the DLL, I'm talking about Shinryo's Diffpatcher which uses DLL(s), to apply certain .diff options.

And it pretty much works on any client. If we can get those old (obsolete) .diff options as DLL here, it would be a good start.

Edited by Conflicts