R> Reduce/change evil land animation

Zortrax

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

In the server that I play (Bro) evil land sometimes slow or crash my client. I have a good computer and this also happen with all my friends. Can someone explain to me how to change this animation or share a GRF that do this?

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  898

U can use the Str editor by @Tokei

Rynbef~

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  664

39 minutes ago, Rynbef said:

U can use the Str editor by @Tokei

Rynbef~

Unfortunately, that's not an str effect. You cannot edit the Evil Land because it's a 3D ground effect. It also happens to be hard coded in the client. You can change the texture (data\texture\effect\evilland\demonground.tga), but that won't do much.

I presume bRO is the official server, correct? Then it's a bit weird that you're lagging. Evil Land isn't a fancy effect at all, it's a single texture shown on the floor:

image.png.e50e5af34679516284a53507adb81dbe.png

I looked at rAthena's db/source and it's using Layout 1 instead of 0, which makes the effect being sent 9 times instead of 1, which is wrong of course. That would normally be the reason for your lag, but since it's bRO... then it doesn't make sense. I made a basic gray looking evil land if you want to give it a shot nonetheless.

demonground.tga

demonground_alpha_translucent.tga

Well, unless bRO still uses a very old client, then there's really nothing you can do...

• MVP 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  898

2 hours ago, Tokei said:

Unfortunately, that's not an str effect. You cannot edit the Evil Land because it's a 3D ground effect. It also happens to be hard coded in the client. You can change the texture (data\texture\effect\evilland\demonground.tga), but that won't do much.

I presume bRO is the official server, correct? Then it's a bit weird that you're lagging. Evil Land isn't a fancy effect at all, it's a single texture shown on the floor:

I looked at rAthena's db/source and it's using Layout 1 instead of 0, which makes the effect being sent 9 times instead of 1, which is wrong of course. That would normally be the reason for your lag, but since it's bRO... then it doesn't make sense. I made a basic gray looking evil land if you want to give it a shot nonetheless.

demonground.tga 1.02 kB · 0 downloads

demonground_alpha_translucent.tga 1.02 kB · 0 downloads

Well, unless bRO still uses a very old client, then there's really nothing you can do...

I'm glad ur here and correct my mistake 🙂

Rynbef~

5 hours ago, Tokei said:

demonground.tga 1.02 kB · 0 downloads

demonground_alpha_translucent.tga 1.02 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks a lot for this info. I tried so long and so hard to find the str effect, but as you explained to me, it doesn't exist.

The effect is quite simple, I do not know why it lags, but usually only happen if I step on it, if am outside 99% of the time there is no issue. The lag is so brutal, that sometimes my screen frezze for 2 or 3 minutes, then I see everything happening at the same time. I will try your tga file, thanks again.

Humm, there is no folder data\texture\effect\evilland in my bro GRF file. Maybe in bro we use a different effect or something like that. Is it possible to check the lua files to see how this ability work? Which effect is uses?