ASURA STRIKE SUPER FAST CAST

playniks

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  44

Hello! I really need help about this ASURA STRIKE. My asura strike doesn't seem to activate instant cast even when dex reach x+y=150, I even maxed it out to 999 but still casting is  super duper fast cast.  All other skills working fine, doing insta cast when dex reach 150.  
Tried to reduce the casting of Asura Strike level 5 in skill_db.yml to 1 and 0, but problem still persist.

Please help, how do I resolve this issue?

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122

Remove the Renewal Cast.

src/config/renewal.hpp

change:
#define RENEWAL_CAST
to this:
//#define RENEWAL_CAST

and then recompile.

edit: if you wish to remove ONLY Asura Strike cast:
Find on skill_db.yml:
  - Id: 271
    Name: MO_EXTREMITYFIST
    Description: Asura Strike
    FixedCastTime:
      - Level: 1
        Time: 2000
      - Level: 2
        Time: 1750
      - Level: 3
        Time: 1500
      - Level: 4
        Time: 1250
      - Level: 5
        Time: 1000

Delete the fixed cast time.

Edited by Hyoru

On 6/23/2023 at 4:45 AM, Hyoru said:

Remove the Renewal Cast.

src/config/renewal.hpp

change:
#define RENEWAL_CAST
to this:
//#define RENEWAL_CAST

and then recompile.

edit: if you wish to remove ONLY Asura Strike cast:
Find on skill_db.yml:
  - Id: 271
    Name: MO_EXTREMITYFIST
    Description: Asura Strike
    FixedCastTime:
      - Level: 1
        Time: 2000
      - Level: 2
        Time: 1750
      - Level: 3
        Time: 1500
      - Level: 4
        Time: 1250
      - Level: 5
        Time: 1000

Delete the fixed cast time.

Hi, sir! Thank you for your response. I tried your ways however, the problem still exist. The skill_db.yml that I have doesn't have fixedcasttime format but instead casttime which I also tried to delete those.  If I were to check the source files for asura strike. Where do you think I should look for?

Edited by playniks

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

On 6/22/2023 at 1:14 PM, playniks said:

Hello! I really need help about this ASURA STRIKE. My asura strike doesn't seem to activate instant cast even when dex reach x+y=150, I even maxed it out to 999 but still casting is  super duper fast cast.  All other skills working fine, doing insta cast when dex reach 150.  
Tried to reduce the casting of Asura Strike level 5 in skill_db.yml to 1 and 0, but problem still persist.

Seems like you are referring to old asura strike which is like High Rate server play style .There is a lot of things to do to fix this .. All you need is to make 0 all the delay , cast and after cast of the skill . The only problem that you will encounter here when you try to fix this is the Asura slide . Because it will look like a teleport asura with a delay because of the slide unless you know how to mess around with the SRC to fix it

11 hours ago, Poring King said:

Seems like you are referring to old asura strike which is like High Rate server play style .There is a lot of things to do to fix this .. All you need is to make 0 all the delay , cast and after cast of the skill . The only problem that you will encounter here when you try to fix this is the Asura slide . Because it will look like a teleport asura with a delay because of the slide unless you know how to mess around with the SRC to fix it

Hi, @Poring King! Thank you for that. I tried to remove the cast time, delay and after cast time of the skill not just by making them 0, but  the problem still persist.  I tried the ragexe version from 20190109 up to 2022 most of them have the same problem asura strike can't go instant casting, some of them can't be accessed due to this error about externsettings and was not able to proceed aside from this very one ragexe 20190703 which were able to resolved my problem. But sadly can't use a much earlier version, than 2019. I am still looking for a better resolution of this hoping that I could use an earlier version of ragexe, as well as resolving the externsettings error that I really am unable to figure out how to fix.
I believe I am using a latest version of rathena emulator which I downloaded from github.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

1 minute ago, playniks said:

Hi, @Poring King! Thank you for that. I tried to remove the cast time, delay and after cast time of the skill not just by making them 0, but  the problem still persist.  I tried the ragexe version from 20190109 up to 2022 most of them have the same problem asura strike can't go instant casting, some of them can't be accessed due to this error about externsettings and was not able to proceed aside from this very one ragexe 20190703 which were able to resolved my problem. But sadly can't use a much earlier version, than 2019. I am still looking for a better resolution of this hoping that I could use an earlier version of ragexe, as well as resolving the externsettings error that I really am unable to figure out how to fix.
I believe I am using a latest version of rathena emulator which I downloaded from github.

I don't have much time to dig in forum but i give you the idea already . If you want your asura be like old RO that so fast like WPE . You need to mess around with your SRC and you need Config file on your server .. . Or you can just use the old emulator to get that i think it will be around 2013 rAthena emulator but that's too old meaning lot of bugs 

3 minutes ago, Poring King said:

I don't have much time to dig in forum but i give you the idea already . If you want your asura be like old RO that so fast like WPE . You need to mess around with your SRC and you need Config file on your server .. . Or you can just use the old emulator to get that i think it will be around 2013 rAthena emulator but that's too old meaning lot of bugs 

Alright, sir! thank you ^_^! Appreciate your time and effort on this. More power to you 🫡

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  159

On 6/22/2023 at 2:14 PM, playniks said:

Had the same problem with an older revision, I solved it by just displaying the effect if the player is already nocasted (instant skill), as the effect works normally below the nocast cap.

in the skill.cpp file look for the function: int skill_castend_damage_id

then look for the asura skill: case MO_EXTREMITYFIST:

find this function in the asura function case: skill_attack(BF_WEAPON,src,src,bl,skill_id,skill_lv,tick,flag); 

add this below it:

if(status_get_dex(&sd->bl) >= battle_config.castrate_dex_scale)
	clif_specialeffect(&sd->bl,328,AREA);

Obs: It's not the best solution, but it will work.