(Renewal, New) Wacky Izlude errors - NPCs in strange places, unwalkable cells...

INREM

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10

Hi all: I'm currently working on setting up a Renewal server.  On the client side, I started with the kRO 20210406 client with Ragexe version 2020-04-01b patched with ROEnglish.  Generally this seems to work, but there are some... errata....

Most pointedly, Izlude's map data is pretty off kilter.  When a character makes it out of the "remote island" starting map, he ends up in the water outside of Izlude's marina.  Based on iRO's maps, at least, I'd expect to find myself on top of a ship here - which seems to be missing entirely!

769802671_Screenshot2022-04-02014447.thumb.png.db1e36f28460f66cf87e5d0a67179aa6.png

Additionally, various cells in the map are unwalkable.  So, I'm assuming there is some kind of mismatch between map data going on, maybe with respect to versions?  Some googling suggested that it might be necessary to refresh the "map cache", though I'm not sure if that's really at the root of this problem and figured I should ask around before possibly going after a red herring.

Not sure if this is in any way relevant, but I also noticed that during character creation, clicking on a hair style sometimes selects the wrong style.  It sounds like that may require a NEMO patch for extended hair styles?  So perhaps that's a different issue, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

966625340_Screenshot2022-04-02014842.png.dd3c5ec9f5c324e735fe4950bec3d9a3.png

Much thanks for any advice.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218

9 hours ago, INREM said:

Hi all: I'm currently working on setting up a Renewal server.  On the client side, I started with the kRO 20210406 client with Ragexe version 2020-04-01b patched with ROEnglish.  Generally this seems to work, but there are some... errata....

Most pointedly, Izlude's map data is pretty off kilter.  When a character makes it out of the "remote island" starting map, he ends up in the water outside of Izlude's marina.  Based on iRO's maps, at least, I'd expect to find myself on top of a ship here - which seems to be missing entirely!

769802671_Screenshot2022-04-02014447.thumb.png.db1e36f28460f66cf87e5d0a67179aa6.png

Additionally, various cells in the map are unwalkable.  So, I'm assuming there is some kind of mismatch between map data going on, maybe with respect to versions?  Some googling suggested that it might be necessary to refresh the "map cache", though I'm not sure if that's really at the root of this problem and figured I should ask around before possibly going after a red herring.

Not sure if this is in any way relevant, but I also noticed that during character creation, clicking on a hair style sometimes selects the wrong style.  It sounds like that may require a NEMO patch for extended hair styles?  So perhaps that's a different issue, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

966625340_Screenshot2022-04-02014842.png.dd3c5ec9f5c324e735fe4950bec3d9a3.png

Much thanks for any advice.

-izlude case : check your main.grf / folder data, izlude data same in data.grf kro? if not remove izlude data at your main.grf / folder data
-hairstyle case : search in forum about fix hairstyle.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10

Much thanks.  Haven't had time to look into the hair style issue, but the suggested fix for Izlude worked.

To unpack that a bit for anyone who encounters this issue in the future...

This was a conflict with some pre-renewal assets that had also been included in my custom GRF (probably unnecessarily, since this is a renewal server).  I opened myserver.grf with GRF editor and renamed data\izlude.gat, *.gnd, and *.rsw to "izlude_disabled.gat" (and so on).  This caused the default data.grf's versions of those files to be loaded instead of the ROtransation pre-renewal assets.

The translation guide I was originally following had recommended including both renewal and pre-renewal translation patch assets, added to the custom GRF in a certain order, but I'm going to try rebuilding the client without that pre-renewal stuff in the mix at all since I suspect that other issues along these lines are going to crop up.