YAML vs SQL installation - which SQL files actually need to be imported?

INREM

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10

Hi all:  Reading through the documentation, I saw that rA (relatively) recently converted much of its db (notably item and monster skills) to YML format, with SQL as apparently a semi-legacy option for certain data.  However, it seems like SQL may still be required for storing certain other info.

What SQL files are minimally required to be imported at this point? If I'm interpreting the README in the sql-files folder correctly, it seems like you could get by with just the following:

* main.sql - Contains tables for normal server usage.

* roulette_default_data.sql - Contains data for the client's roulette game.

* logs.sql - Contains tables for logging of server events.

Also, how about the item_cash sql file? Assuming you want to implement the cash shop, is that a required import well?  I see that the "import-tmpl" folder in the yml db folder has an associated cash shop file, but I wasn't sure if that is just meant to work with the sql file or can effectively replace it.

Or to put it more generally: what SQL files are required to be imported if you want a fully-featured server?

Also, if not strictly required, are there any SQL other files that are highly advisable to import due to performance issues?  YML seems much more mod-friendly than SQL, so I would like to use it as far as is practical.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  661

Heya,

If you are following the recommended setup, then the only required files are main.sql and logs.sql.

The item_cash SQL file is the alternative to db/(pre-)re/item_cash_db.txt. Seeing are you're using the text/yaml version of the databases, you don't need it.

As for roulette_default_data.sql, that's optional. If you plan on setting your own values in it, then you don't need the default values from the file. If you want pre-made values for it, then yes, use the file. The roulette system has not been converted to a text/yaml version for some reason. That seems like a forgotten feature.

The other SQL files are not meant for performance. You will most likely be using them for your website though, since it will want to know your item/mob data from somewhere.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  10

Really helpful info.  Thanks.