How to fix possible loss of data error

kalabasa

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  478

this is my 2nd encounter this kind of errors i get this when i try to play with the src's codes to try out things and recieving errors though i revert it back to the original state  like this

========== Build: 11 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========    <---

the error wont disappear though it is running fine i dont know if there's an impact upon not removing this error below is what i am getting now

i just want to remove these warning errors when building

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Warning    C4244    'initializing': conversion from 'double' to 'const int', possible loss of data    map-server    c:\users\user\documents\ra pre-re\rathena\src\map\instance.cpp    728    
Warning    C4244    'initializing': conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data    map-server    c:\users\user\documents\ra pre-re\rathena\src\map\instance.cpp    727    
Warning    C4244    'initializing': conversion from 'double' to 'const int', possible loss of data    map-server    c:\users\user\documents\ra pre-re\rathena\src\map\instance.cpp    727    
Warning    C4244    'initializing': conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data    map-server    c:\users\user\documents\ra pre-re\rathena\src\map\instance.cpp    728    

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477

this happens because there are data types that can make your variable loss some data..
you must learn what are data types first and what are their scopes.. needless to say, the warning already told you the error.. a 'double' data type can store decimal number while an 'int' type can only store integers(whole number).. So with that in mind, you cannot convert '10.5' into an integer because if you do so, it will result into a whole number '10' leaving the '.5' behind which will cause a loss of data..
to fix things like this.. you simply need to make sure that you are passing a data to it's correct data type..

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  478

might read that to have some glimpse onto it but i havent touch that part i was tinkering on battle.cpp that time wondering how i got error on that file

• Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  224

Even In clean rathena git im having this error

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477

I just took a look at the latest rAthena and yes this shows error due to the pull of instance mapname.. you just need to edit pow() to (int)pow();